Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow scrolling in Lightroom grid view

Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two-finger trackpad scrolling using Lightroom on my Surface Book is impossible. Weirdly, scrolling works as it should if you hover the cursor over the scroll bar - but if you cursor is over the grid of images, the scroll is painfully slow (or doesn't move at all).

Has anyone else found a fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Hi damianvines,

Have you tried updating the trackpad drivers from the manufactures website? if not please try and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eleanorp,

Which version of Lightroom are you using? We haven't got any feedbacks from surface pro users using Lightroom, regarding this issue.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting exactly the same issues, as are others if you search the web. Scrolling is unusable unless you hover the cursor over the scroll bar. This is happening on a Dell XPS 9560 which has a precision trackpad and i'm using Lightroom CC, latest version.

Capture One Pro on the other hand has no such problems whatsoever. The scrolling is also way way way smoother and more responsive...

Annoying, as i'm having to use my old Lightroom 5.7 on my Macbook Pro due to Lightroom CC being so slow in many areas including this scrolling bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eleanorp,

May I know what is the type of the dedicated GPU?

Are you using the latest driver for it from the GPU manufacturer?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a brand new fully loaded Surface Book, I'm using the latest version of LR CC and the scrolling in grid view and scrolling in the lower film strip view using the trackpad with two fingers is unbearably slow! Unuseable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi damianvines,

Have you tried updating the trackpad drivers from the manufactures website? if not please try and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My issue has been resolved with the new Windows 10 creators update - I believe there was some update to the Microsoft Precision touchpad which I assume has fixed it.

Anyway it works as intended now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue.

New XPS 15 has this exact problem and exhibits the same behaviour - very very slow srolling when mouse hovering over gird view. Fine scrolling when hovering over scroll bar at side.

When one or both of the side panels is minimised hovering over the grid view and scrolling on the trackpad causes the film strip at the bottom to scroll left or right.

The XPS 15 has a Nvidia GTX 1050 GPU and all the drivers are up to date.

Googling brings up many people with the same issue all with the exact same behaviour - the laptops all seem to be Windows 10 and either XPS or Surface Books (I did see some Samsung Zenbooks mentioned as well).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines