• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update to Adobe LR CC2015 will not install and can't open LR

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iMac with the latest version of Sierra.  The LR update gets to 100% then lists a failure of "U44M1P7."  I have a fairly recent backup of my photos, but would prefer the safest and best method to correct this issue.  Can someone lend assistance?  TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

The suggestions outlined in the article by Adobe are safe. If you don't want to do this on your own you can reach support via chat or a call.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  I did find that page as well, and I may be being a bit on the timid side, but I don't want to remove something and risk my catalog.  Can someone speak from experience with their solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on the most current version of your Creative Cloud Manager 4.0.1.188 ? Check this by selecting the gear icon > preferences. Update if you are not on the most current version and try installing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again.  I just checked to make sure that I had the latest version of Cloud Manager, and indeed I do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggestions outlined in the article by Adobe are safe. If you don't want to do this on your own you can reach support via chat or a call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, but unfortunately I appear to be at a stop until tomorrow when I can reach support.  I renamed the folder and removed LR, but it will not reinstall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I resigned myself to wait until tomorrow, I decided to take a look at installing Creative Cloud Manager - I couldn't uninstall LR as it wasn't available.  Luckily, I successfully uninstalled CCM, which allowed me to download LR and now everything is functioning as it should.  Thanks for the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great job! I just had to do this myself last week. Glad you were able to work thought it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for your responses.  I'm still not sure what caused the problem, although the update somehow corrupted CCM.  I was somewhere in the process when I was about to delete CCM when I was prompted to try to fix it.  It worked, and now I can get back to my regularly scheduled programming. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines