• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a collage strip to create a jpg ant to print

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Collage making using the print module does not seem to meet my needs. I want to create a strip that is 1920x200 consisting of 4-6 imags. Is there any way to customize the page size to fit my requirement. Today, i use one of the page sizes, drop my images, save to a jpg and then corp the jpg. Is there a better approach? Thanks.

Murali

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

This can be done in a single step.

First go to Page Setup in the print module and define a page of 19.2 x 2".

Lightroom002.png

Then either create a custom layout or preferably use a template preset to the values you need.  In the screenshot you can see I set the columns to six. Populate the template cells with the six images you want. Then use these settings to print to JPEG file.

Lightroom003.png

The final JPEG should be 1920 x 200 pixels.

Here is a link to a Lightroom Template set to a six column layout.

Dropbox - 6X Collage.lrtemplate

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'Custom File Dimensions' limits are 4.00 to 100.00 inch at 72 ppi so there's no way to do this in a single step. Use the below Print module settings to create a 3840 x 400 JPEG file and then the Export module settings to resize it to 1920 x 200. NOTE: The Layout> Page Grid> Columns value should be set to the number of images you want to use. I used 4 in the below example.

Print Module

Export Module

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be done in a single step.

First go to Page Setup in the print module and define a page of 19.2 x 2".

Lightroom002.png

Then either create a custom layout or preferably use a template preset to the values you need.  In the screenshot you can see I set the columns to six. Populate the template cells with the six images you want. Then use these settings to print to JPEG file.

Lightroom003.png

The final JPEG should be 1920 x 200 pixels.

Here is a link to a Lightroom Template set to a six column layout.

Dropbox - 6X Collage.lrtemplate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to both Brad and trshaner. My issue is that I do not have any printer connected as I do not own one :-). when i click on Page Setup in the Print module, i see only print to fax, a pdf file, and one note as options. All the 3 do not have any options to define a page with custom dimensions such as 19.2x2". All I see are A4, A6, Letter, Legal, etc. What am I missing. Do I need to download an epson printer even though i dont have it. If so, what driver do u recommend I download. Thanks.

Murali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of the options you have for Page Setup?

Here is what I see on my system. Use Manage Custom sizes to set the values you want.

Lightroom006.png

Lightroom004.png

Lightroom005.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

muralin  wrote

Thanks to both Brad and trshaner. My issue is that I do not have any printer connected as I do not own one :-). when i click on Page Setup in the Print module, i see only print to fax, a pdf file, and one note as options.

If you have Acrobat Pro installed you can enter a custom paper size as below.

1) Go to Page Setup (CTRL + SHIFT + P) in the Print module and select 'Adobe PDF.'

2) Click on Properties> Paper Quality> Advanced and next to 'Paper Size:' select 'Postscript Custom Page Size' and enter as below.

On my Windows 7 system the output JPEG file is actually 1919 x 200 instead of 1920 x 200. This is probably due to a bug in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines