• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 3D mesh with multiple diffuse textures

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to generate a 3d mesh from a 2d image (easy) and then have multiple diffuse textures wrapped on it.

I cannot see how to do this, unless I'm missing something obvious.

I can duplicate the mesh and change the diffuse texture, but then I end up with multiple meshes and things look very messy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any reason why you cannot map the two (or more) textures onto a single diffuse texture using the UVs as a guide for placement?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to switch the different textures in and out, sometimes viewing just one, sometimes viewing all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IHatRenishaw  wrote

I want to be able to switch the different textures in and out, sometimes viewing just one, sometimes viewing all.

That should not be a problem if it is just changes in the diffuse texture.

The diffuse texture opens up as a psb file. Build the various texture alternatives as layers in that psb file then switch the layer visibility on/off as required.  To view on the model just hit save on the psb file (no need to close it). You could even use layer comps to switch between complex layer variations, as long as you save you will see the effect.

If your texture variation is more complex and involves simultaneous variations in bump/shine/opacity etc then , for Photoshop, duplicating the model and switching model visibility in the 3D panel is quicker.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave,

Thanks for the message, but I don't think that helps me.

My fault, I wasn't very clear. I want the user to be able to switch on one, more, or all of the textures, in the resulting 3D PDF.

If I understand correctly, your approach will change the visible texture in Photoshop, but not allow it to be changed in the PDF.

It still looks as if the only way I can get multiple switchable textures on the 'same' mesh is to have multiple identical meshes, with one texture per mesh.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian,

Ps 3D layers only support 1 diffuse texture per material. As Dave suggested, you'll have to merge the texture data to a single file.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. And it is, I guess, only one material per mesh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines