Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apha RGB lower thirds Glitching in Avid

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I am having some issues with importing Alpha RGB titles in Avid Media Composer. I am importing these Alpha RGB transparent text and lower thirds into Avid than I am cutting them into the timeline and they are glitching the footage when I lay the text over the footage. I must be doing something wrong that is causing this issue. I know it's not a hardware issue. I am running windows by the way. I  am editing in avid 1920X 1080 29.97. When I remove the Alpha text I don't get glitchy jumps in my video. ThankYou for your help.

These are my settings for Alpha RGB from AE

RGB+Alpha Quicktime

Color: Premultiplied Matted

Format Options Animation

Importing into Avid

Alpha Channel-Invert on import White=Opaque

Image Size Adjustment-Image Sized for Current Format

Color levels

Scale from Full Range to legal range

Autodetect sequentially numbered files

I have brought these in MXF 45 and 100 still same problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Do this:  Go to the end of the timeline. set an out point.   Go to the head of the Avid timeline.  Set an in point.  Right-click on the top of the timeline.  Select Expert Render In To Out.  Render it.

And learn to use Avid.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump any Avid user's with this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render again but this time In the output module settings change the color to "straight" instead of "premultiplied".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do this:  Go to the end of the timeline. set an out point.   Go to the head of the Avid timeline.  Set an in point.  Right-click on the top of the timeline.  Select Expert Render In To Out.  Render it.

And learn to use Avid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is what I have been doing is rendering the matte RGB Alpha in the timeline in avid and setting in and out. The problem has gone away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines