• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

nikon d500 [Unable to open Nikon D500 Raw files in Lightroom 5.7.1]

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lightroom 5.7.1 and tried to upload images from Nikon d500 and got a message that it does not recognize files.  I also have a Nikon d750, and have not problem importing those files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

I guess everyone needs to apologize to you for not holding your hand. You have not done your research. If you had you would realize  that your camera needs at least Lightroom 6.5.  You have installed Lightroom 6.0. There have been nine updates (free now that you have purchased Lightroom 6) that have added new cameras. It would be a good idea for you to install the last update which is available from the following website:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Scroll down the page to Adobe Photoshop Lightr

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Nikon D500 is a newer camera that wasn't supported until Lightroom 6. You'll either have to upgrade or use the DNG converter. Your choice. The upgrade will cost. The DNG converter is a free download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I have to get a later version of Lightroom, I now have 5.7.1. If so how do I do it and what does it cost?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The converter apparently  does not work with Version 5.7.1 so  I have upgrade.  How do I do that and what does it cost?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The converter works fine.

Download the current version of the converter (version 6.9) and follow the instructions for how to use it

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

If you want to upgrade you've got a couple of options:

1. Join the Cloud and get Lightroom CC, or
  2. Buy Lightroom 6 (no Cloud involved)
    Download and install Lightroom 6 (Single App license)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can I not get a direct, complete answer to my question.

Apparently I can't get an upgrade for the Nikon d500 raw file converter to DNG because I have 5.7.1 not 6.5 as apparently required.  So,  again how do I do the upgrade (don't send me to some other site). Just answer the question and tell me how much it will cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have already received a direct, complete answer to your question. There seems to be some confusion in your replies.

OPTION 1 - PAY FOR AN UPGRADE TO VERSION 6 (This option does not involve DNG files at all)

You are unable to open Raw D500 files in Lightroom 5.7.1. That's because you need Lightroom 6.5 or later.

This link steps you through exactly how to upgrade and how much it costs (US$79)

With version 6.5+, you can open D500 Raw files in Lightroom

OPTION 2 - FREE: CONVERT TO DNG AND KEEP USING 5.7.1

If you don't want to pay for an upgrade there is a free alternative solution: convert to DNG.

If you use the free DNG converter to convert Raw D500 files to DNG format, you can then open the DNG files in your existing Lightroom 5.7.1.

See the links posted above for exactly how to do this.

After first using the free DNG converter on your Raw files, you then open the DNG files (not the Raw files) in Lightroom 5.7.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fishersphoto  wrote

Why can I not get a direct, complete answer to my question.

Apparently I can't get an upgrade for the Nikon d500 raw file converter to DNG because I have 5.7.1 not 6.5 as apparently required.  So,  again how do I do the upgrade (don't send me to some other site). Just answer the question and tell me how much it will cost.

In order to have direct support for the NEF files from your Nikon D500 you would have to purchase Lightroom 6. The upgrade price is $79 in the US. Or, you can subscribe to the Creative Cloud Photography Plan and have Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC. The cost is $10/month in the US.. If neither of those choices are acceptable then you can download the DNG converter which is free. The latest version is DNG converter 9.9. This is a standalone separate program that runs independently. You run it to create DNG copies of your NEF files. Those DNG files can then be opened  in  Lightroom 5.7.1. I don't know how to give you a more direct answer than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why was it so hard to get this response?  Just a rhetorical question.  I'll pay the $79 just tell me where I go.  Everything I look at talks about ACR not lightroom.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow. This. Link.

It's all there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is "Adobe product catalog"?  I don't see anything called  "Adobe product catalog".

Due to scheduled maintenance, some features will be unavailable.
Please check our status page for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fishersphoto  wrote

Where is "Adobe product catalog"?  I don't see anything called  "Adobe product catalog".

Based on the images you've posted in your last reply I suspect you have done step 1 (sign in with your Adobe ID) then you are looking for the Adobe product catalog in your profile. Step 1 is simply asking you to ensure that you are logged in with your Adobe ID. Nothing more.

Step 2 in the instructions does not mean look for Adobe product catalog in your Adobe profile. It means click on the link in step 2 where the words "Adobe product catalog" are shown.

That link points to this page:

https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_mostp...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on "Photoship Lightroom" I get a page to buy CC for $149.  I don't want this. I want to upgrade my current version for $79.

Why is this so hard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot  buy CC for $149. That is the full price for Lightroom 6 if you don't have a previous version. Look closer. You should be able to indicate that you want to purchase an upgrade. Change the option to an upgrade and indicate what version you have. Then the price will change to $79. Continue following the prompts and you should be able to make a purchase. You cannot purchase CC. It is a subscription model that costs $10/month in the US.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got version 6 uploaded and my my desktop. I tried importing raw images from my new camera (Nikon d500) and got this message: "files are not recognized by the raw format aupport in Lightroom (377). This is what started this whole mess. Now what do I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess everyone needs to apologize to you for not holding your hand. You have not done your research. If you had you would realize  that your camera needs at least Lightroom 6.5.  You have installed Lightroom 6.0. There have been nine updates (free now that you have purchased Lightroom 6) that have added new cameras. It would be a good idea for you to install the last update which is available from the following website:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Scroll down the page to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 and click on that link. Then click on updates. Scroll to the appropriate section for your operating system. That means if you are using Windows you would go to that section. If you're using the Mac then you would go to that section. You only need to download  the Lightroom 6.9/CC 2015.9 update. There is only one update. It will update either Lightroom 6 or Lightroom CC. Download that update. Make sure Lightroom is closed on your computer and run the update. After you have run the update your camera should be supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fishersphoto  wrote

I tried importing raw images from my new camera (Nikon d500) and got this message:  "files are not recognized by the raw format aupport in Lightroom (377).  This is what started this whole mess.    Now what do I do?

What Jim said.

Please re-read this thread from the top. The answer was in my 2nd reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got is sorted out.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Not everyone is a computer expert nor does everyone speak Adobe as a secong language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I had 5.7.1, paid to upgrade to 6. STILL cannot read D500 .nef files. When I click 'update' in the program it says I am up to date. This is the version data it reports: Lightroom version: 6.0 [1014445]

How do I get to the fabled version 6.5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See my reply to your other post: Nikon D500 and Lightroom 6 Still can't read files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines