• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Import rename presets broken if any date is present

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This used to work for me but no longer does. If any rename preset (during import) contains any of the date options, then the sample will not display correctly. It will continue to display whatever preset was previously used, if any. The good news is that the actual renaming still works fine, but it is disconcerting to no longer be able to preview the renaming.

I found another thread from 4 months ago with exactly this issue. It is marked as "Answered", but it isn't answered. The "answer" is for an unrelated question introduced during the thread. The thread is s File Naming during Import now working ". She meant the name to be NOT WORKING.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

This bug has been acknowledged by Adobe in the official feedback forum: Lightroom: Missing example : of how filename is to be named/created in filename template editor (how it will look BEFORE… Please add your me-too vote and opinion to this bug report, making it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi matrixbud,

Please let us know the Lightroom and operating system version you are using now also, Is your Lightroom updated to its latest version CC 2015.9/6.9.

Please create a new preset and try using it while you import the images into Lightroom and check if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an online subscription and always use the latest version of Lightroom CC. This one says 2015.9 release but surely that can't be right. The Creative Cloud application says that I am up-to-date.

Also, I have tried numerous times to create new presets but only ones without dates show updated samples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This one says 2015.9 release but surely that can't be right.

The latest release is indeed 2015.9. 

I have tried numerous times to create new presets but only ones without dates show updated samples.

As described in the bug report, the example filename shown in the Sample field doesn't work if the renaming template contains date tokens, but template will do the renaming correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has been acknowledged by Adobe in the official feedback forum: Lightroom: Missing example : of how filename is to be named/created in filename template editor (how... Please add your me-too vote and opinion to this bug report, making it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines