• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos failed to exp

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Lightroom and also new to Mac. I have absolutely no idea of what I am doing.

I edited some photos and then tried to export them. Some have exported but they have not gone to my 'photos' area as I expected. I have been able to find them via the 'finder' though. I now however also have loads that have not exported...

“P4030147.dng” could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?

Any advice please?? I really hope that I haven't lost these photos!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Hi rachaelbufton,

This issue happens, when you move the images from one location to another after importing them into Lightroom.

I hope you aware that Lightroom only imports the smart previews of the images and the original images stay at the original location like pictures folder, desktop folder or external hard drive. therefore the original images always need to be connected with Lightroom, if in case you change the location of the images you can always update it in Lightroom. refer: How to find missing photos in Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rachaelbufton,

This issue happens, when you move the images from one location to another after importing them into Lightroom.

I hope you aware that Lightroom only imports the smart previews of the images and the original images stay at the original location like pictures folder, desktop folder or external hard drive. therefore the original images always need to be connected with Lightroom, if in case you change the location of the images you can always update it in Lightroom. refer: How to find missing photos in Photoshop Lightroom

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mohit. I think I've really messed this up!

So for instance, say I had imported my photos from an SD card into Lightroom and then wiped the SD card, are these photos now gone forever?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You must have saved these images somewhere on the machine while importing the images into Lightroom.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines