• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom importer's renaming messes up file order

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Lightroom CC 2015.9 came out, I was very happy to note that the importer respected the file order when renaming files during import. But all too sadly, this didn't last long: yesterday I updated macOS Sierra to its latest version 10.12.4 and now Lightroom messes up the file order again. In the import window I sort the files on Capture Time and the renamed files should have a sequence number according to Capture Time. As said, this worked before yesterday in LR CC 2015.9 but not anymore. After the macOS update I already deleted Lightroom, restarted the computer and re-installed Lightroom, to no avail.

Schermafbeelding 2017-03-29 om 09.01.42.png

Is there a way to have the importer respect the given sort order again when renaming?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi addieleman,

You may try and reset Lightroom preferences and check if that helps.

Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After resetting the preferences on starting up Lightroom (by holding Option+Shift while clicking the app's shortcut) the importer now works as expected. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, your welcome.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to say that the issue reappeared once again, Lightroom messes up the file order during import, and this time resetting the preferences on startup of Lightroom didn't help. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks, Ad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share the screenshot of the problem.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for a quick response. I didn't make screenshots of the problematic import, for now I can't reproduce the problem. I'll make screenshots during future imports and send them to you as soon as the problem re-occurs.

Best regards,

Ad Dieleman.

Mohit Goyal<mailto:forums_noreply@adobe.com>

10 april 2017 04:16

Lightroom importer's renaming messes up file order

created by Mohit Goyal<https://forums.adobe.com/people/Mohit+Goyal> in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion<https://forums.adobe.com/message/9444622#9444622>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, sooner than I expected the problem reappeared. The photos are of a time lapse series with an interval of 1 second (or more when the camera's buffer filled up).

Import screen:

Schermafbeelding 2017-04-10 om 09.38.55.png

Library after import:

Schermafbeelding 2017-04-10 om 09.42.02.png

You'll see that the first 6 files are not in the right order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sort order of the Import dialog is used only for viewing the images in the grid.

The actual order of the import is not publicly defined by Adobe.

If you are using the "import sequence number" in your renaming template, this is where you are going wrong.

For something like this, you probably want to use the "original camera file number", not the import sequence number.

I rename my files as "yyyymmdd_hhmmss_nnnn" based on the EXIF data for the creation date, creation time, and the original file number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ManiacJoe  a écrit

is not publicly defined by Adobe.

That is so convenient...
Thank you Adobe, you just made me loose 3 hours of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines