• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with a white frame added in a pdf exportation

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like that my document doesn't have the white frame.

After the exportation the pdf doesn't show the white frame, I close the pdf and when I re-open the pdf, it has this white frame that i DON'T want. This thing is driving me crazy, because I checked all the document setup (ex: no bleed)

indesign_probelm.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you also check if the below options(All Printer's Marks) are not checked:

Picture1.png

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to amaarora's​ suggestion - in Adobe Acrobat DC/Reader.. You could disable showing any art,trim or bleed marks in the (acrobat) preferences:

2017-04-10_11-39-15.png

Best,

EW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling that in Acrobat will not disable showing the actual bleed and marks. It will disable the display of boxes that highlight those areas.

The OP will, in addition to amaarora's suggestions, will have to make sure there is no bleed set in the marks and bleeds section. That could be set there as well as in the document set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey BobLevine

How are you?

Thanks for the input and this is a good point (as always) however, as you pointed out, and as I interpreted the OP.. It is my understanding that this "display of" is the culprit.

federicam44564188 wrote:

After the exportation the pdf doesn't show the white frame, I close the pdf and when I re-open the pdf, it has this white frame that i DON'T want. This thing is driving me crazy, because I checked all the document setup (ex: no bleed)

Therefore I thought the problem might be the OP's default preferences when opening (or re-opening) a PDF.. assuming of course.. as you pointed out.. that there is no bleed etc already set.

I must admit I don't completely what is meant by ex: no bleed. as if bleed was the problem surely the OP would have checked this as they thoughtfully mentioned it when posting the question.

I am always happy to be proven wrong however - especially in the presence of both you and Aman.

My knowledge is clearly not as great

(Meant with good humour and recognition of both of your exceptional knowledge depth).

Best wishes,

EW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’re missing the point. Try it yourself. Turn it on and export a PDF with bleed.

You’ll see green, blue and red boxes surrounding those areas. It’s built into the file. Modern printers don’t want marks because of this and they add their own in pre-press.

Short story, it’s a very useful feature but is a red herring for this issue. It’s already off for the OP as shown in the screenshots provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines