• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I bought LR6 but it loaded CC??

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went to Best Buy and purchased Lightroom 6... Not the Cloud version that is a yearly subscription ( I specifically asked the guy to make sure). When I started installing the program off of the CD that came with it, when I got to the place that I had to go onto the website to type in the redemption code to get the serial number in order to install the rest of the program, it told me that a serial number was not needed at this time and it proceeded to install CC off of the website...

My main concern it that this will not continue to be my working program in a year and I have to buy it all over again... I only purchased this being that it was a 1 time deal and it is my program.

Can someone explain please??   THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Hi ,

Go to "https://www.adobe.com/"

- Clic on "Manage account" button and enter you password again .

- Clic on "Plans & Products" at the bottom

-> If you bought a subscription plan ,you'll see it there under Plans .

-> If you bought a perpetual license ,you'll see it under "View your products"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do need a serial number for LR6. If you have a redemption code, convert it. The number must start with 1160 ... (do not post it here!)

The program is the same for LR6 and LR CC2015, so there is no need to reinstall. You only need to change the licensing mode. Here's how: How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I convert the redemption code to the serial number? I did this before and typed it in and that when it told me it wasn't needed at this time then loaded CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi keiths,

Please refer the below article related to the same.

Redemption code help

Serial numbers, redemption codes, and product codes | Student and Teacher editions

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.. I assumed it worked but still no serial code... When I typed in my redemption code, the next box lit up that says "You're all set". Under that it said I had successfully redeemed Lightroom 6 and that a serial code was not needed. There was a box under that to download the product.. It also said I could come back at anytime to download it.

This is the same process I went through yesterday.. If Lightroom6 was successfully redeemed and downloaded from the website, why did I get a CD in the box?

Is there a way for me to check the program I have downloaded to make sure it is not just the free month trial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You're all set.

You have successfully redeemed Lightroom 6.

A serial number is not required at this time. To get started, simply download/install the product, sign-in with your Adobe ID, and it will be ready to use.

You may download it now. Or, return to this webpage later and reenter your code to see the download link again.

Download

This is what I was seeing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The serial number is usually inside the box on the inner packaging or on the disk wrapper. It should be 24 digits commencing 1160 (all numbers and no letters)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the box that I bought from best buy came an insert card with Serial number retrieval steps and instructions to go to Adobe website and type in my redemption code which is numbers and letters and then it is supposed to give me a serial number to enter when installing my product...

And that is the page up above that gave me the answer of I don't need a serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version is installed? Can you launch the software? If so go to the menu:

Help > About Photoshop Lightroom

You should see the version number.

But you will definitely need a serial number; so check your bestbuy account or email them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi keiths707,

I have PMed the 24 digits serial number of Lightroom 6. Please download via Download Photoshop Lightroom

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just tried to follow the instructions from How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

It said to sign out of my email on my desktop LR then sign in with another account ID that is not linked to a CC and it would ask me if I want to license the software. So I did get there but at that point it is asking me for my serial number...

I tried to convert my redemption code to get a serial number but it won't give it to me....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Go to "https://www.adobe.com/"

- Clic on "Manage account" button and enter you password again .

- Clic on "Plans & Products" at the bottom

-> If you bought a subscription plan ,you'll see it there under Plans .

-> If you bought a perpetual license ,you'll see it under "View your products"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I went in and found that I have Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, Version 6, My serial number, and it says that the,platform is multiple... What does that mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple platform means that your license is good for either Windows or Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im going through the same issue after purchasing lightroom 6 from best buy an hour ago! How do you get the serial number when it says you dont need it. in the apps it says i need to purchase again but i already bought the cd!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look on the box for a 24 character number set starting with 1160. That is the serial number.

Or it has a Redemption code someplace on or in the box that you have to go to the Adobe site and punch in that code to get a real serial number.

Serial numbers, redemption codes, and product codes | Student and Teacher editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no 24 character number starting with 1160 on the box, cd, or cd slip. When i enter the redemption code online it says that i dont need a serial number and directs me to a download app option which must be paid for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is what you saw the same as Keith showed in message 5? What does the next screen look like, after you click the big download button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the download button is clicked it asks me to open creative cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever have a subscription using the Adobe ID you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Install as a trial from CC desktop.

Launch Lightroom and go to the menu: Help >> Sign Out <your email address>

Quit Lightroom

Re-launch Lightroom and click the button “Sign In Now”

Click the button “License This Software”

Enter serial number & click Next

Lightroom will launch as LR6

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/serialize-lightroom-cc-trial-to-activate-as-lightroom-6.html

Contact the retailer if the serial number commencing 1160 does not get generated. That is essential for the above procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I suggest you take it back to Best Buy and get a refund. You can buy LR 6 upgrade or Full version directly from Adobe.

Adobe Checkout

Just click where it says Full License and select Upgrade if you have purchased a previous version of LR before. Please note that you will need a serial number from a previous version of LR to complete the install and registering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines