• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2017.1: Still slow/laggy preview

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just wondering why Adobe won't fix the issue of slow previews?

As you can see here the problem is around since last november. If I haven't had the possibility to switch back to CC 2015 I would likely think about canceling the whole subscription - without a working preview AE is unusable.

In order to obviate any unkind answers:
Yes, I'm loading it into the RAM before playing the preview. The whole bar is green.

Still the preview is slow/laggy and it feels like 5fps and not 29,97fps. And the animation is very, very, very basic: It's a text moving up.

In CC 2015 it works like a charm.

My PC:
Intel Xeon 1230v3

20GB RAM
AMD 280x
Windows 10

AE: Latest version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017
I'm using a Dell U2515H. But I can't see why that could be important

I think Szalam was trying to see if this issue is related to preview problems in 5K displays which is an issue that comes up in the forums every once and a while.

the link you provided is broken.

1. set hardware acceleration off in the preferences->display and see if the issue is resolved.

2. make sure the preview settings are correct for caching into ram. I set mine to the old RAM preview behavior prior to CC2015:

it should look

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of monitor are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Szalam was trying to see if this issue is related to preview problems in 5K displays which is an issue that comes up in the forums every once and a while.

the link you provided is broken.

1. set hardware acceleration off in the preferences->display and see if the issue is resolved.

2. make sure the preview settings are correct for caching into ram. I set mine to the old RAM preview behavior prior to CC2015:

it should look something like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one worked for me. Odd problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LeKoArts  wrote

There is (at least) one model of Dell monitors (Dell (4k) P2715Q) that causes preview problems in AE unless you disable the Multi-Stream Transport (MST) option. Glad Roei's suggestion worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This seems to be working for the short term. Thank you. I'll let you know if the problem persists once I start a new composition project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines