Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seperate Lightroom for two users

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I want to use a Windows computer with two users that both want to use Lightroom.

I want the Lightroom to keep the same settings for each user. I want each user just to see their photos in the catalogue, I want each user to see only their presets and I want each user to have their export settings unchanged even if the other one works in the computer in the meantime.

Extra info:
It's ok for each user to be able to access the files from the other one, just not to have it all in one cluster
It's preferred to not having to choose a catalogue since there could be mistakes and wrong one selected.
I could make dual startup, but that is the last resort because of the money behind extra SSD disk and Windows license.
I would be ok with buying two Light room licenses.

Hope someone can help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Lightroom is designed by default as a single user application and does not have the ability to function to meet your expectations.

You can post a feature design request at the site in the link below.

Photoshop Lightroom | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oskpelf  wrote

Hi

I want to use a Windows computer with two users that both want to use Lightroom.

While I am not a lawyer, I believe this to be a license violation. (unless you have paid for two licenses)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would not be an issue as I mentioned to pay for two licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is designed by default as a single user application and does not have the ability to function to meet your expectations.

You can post a feature design request at the site in the link below.

Photoshop Lightroom | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there are few options.

One is separate SSD disks and dual backup.
Other is one SSD disk, partitioned into two and dual backup.

But my sources tell me now that separate windows user automatically creates and uses separates cataloged and uses different presents. If that's the case, then there is no problem doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need two licenses ...

Then separate catalogs. everything else would be ok probably but just ensure that "Automatically Write..." in Catalog Settings is unchecked in both users catalogs.. other wise there will be conflicts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's preferred to not having to choose a catalogue since there could be mistakes and wrong one selected.

So you will have two catalogs, set up a Windows shortcut for each catalog, with the user's name in the name of the shortcut, so that they can click on their own shortcut and open their own catalog. Of course, there is no way to prevent one user from clicking on the other users shortcut and opening the other user's catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines