• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Ch Headless

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm loving playing around with Character Animator! However, it puts a huge strain on my CPU. The image below is actually after I'd closed CA and the video was rendering, but it's also at least that high while the program is running as well. I'm on a MacBook Pro with 16G of ram and I've never seen anything like this. I can only use the program for a short amount of time before it slows my computer down so much that I have to close out of it. Is anybody else experiencing this? Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 9.22.55 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

I notice Media Encoder is running as well. At least while it is rendering a scene exported from Ch, that seems like a normal amount of CPU to be using (about 1 1/2 cores). Does it quiesce (and/or exit) once the render is done?

If it isn't finishing properly, or if it seems to be taking an excessive amount of time to complete given the length of the scene being exported, it might be useful to double click on the process in Activity Monitor and click the sample button to get a summary of what it is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing anything like that (on Windows 10). It's about 1% if nothing is going on, and about 15 to 20 % when recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You likely have a Character Animator scene queued up in Adobe Media Encoder.

Adobe Ch Headless is an instance of CH without application UI that we use for rendering content over Dynamic Link. This process should go away if you remove your CH scene from AME(or AE or PR), or if those applications are closed while a link is still active.

Dan R.
CH QA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice Media Encoder is running as well. At least while it is rendering a scene exported from Ch, that seems like a normal amount of CPU to be using (about 1 1/2 cores). Does it quiesce (and/or exit) once the render is done?

If it isn't finishing properly, or if it seems to be taking an excessive amount of time to complete given the length of the scene being exported, it might be useful to double click on the process in Activity Monitor and click the sample button to get a summary of what it is busy doing and post it here.

Thanks! -- Dan Tull

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, this helps, thanks! As soon as the rendering is complete, the Adobe Ch Headless disappears. Just wanted to make sure this was normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines