• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacBook Pro keeps freezing after upgrading InDesign

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid since upgrading InDesign, my MacBook Pro keeps hanging on me (trackpad stops working, pointer won't move), I've had to force-restart 4 times today. I've got the latest CC, but I noticed it was using 140%+ CPU usage.

I have been moving/deleting a lot of gigabytes in my CC account, so maybe that's contributing to it whilst it syncs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

Jjswin does the MacBook Pro only freeze when running InDesign CC 2017 or are you seeing this behavior while running nothing but the Finder?  What version of Mac OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got the same problem, for now it seems that the other cc apps run perfectly fine. My MacBook started freezing today when using InDesign because I updated the operating system. The MacBook is a few days old.

Would anyone know what to do? Do I have to wait for an update on cc or MacOS Sierra?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the InDesign forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this thread is helpful:

InDesign crashing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

Thank you, an Adobe employee already directed me to do this. Really appreciate you letting me know, though.

Hopefully they find a fix soon!

Thanks again,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines