• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Decreasing indesign file size for epub

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a little ebook of drawing (black line/red spot) and text. There are 56 pages. I placed the ai images. The file size is just a bit too big. I want it under 3MB and it is 3.9. What is the best way to reduce the file size?

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try placing them in another format, maybe as they are line drawings you can try GIFs, experimenting with reducing the colors - you want it as small as possible without effecting quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My indd file is 7.11MB. I'm saving it for ePUB which makes it 3.90. Amazon wants it under 3 for me to charge 99 cents, which I will want to do from time to time. I may give up and stick with 3.90. When I try gif it comes out pixelated. I might be doing something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried gif and it came out pixelated. What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does it need to be that small?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines