• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image visible under another image

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched the net for tutorials and also this community to solve my problem, but probably I don't use the right keywords.

I messed with masks and opacity to get an effect I often see, like the one you can find here, where the background is visible trough the woman, yet the woman is still visible and well detailed http://www.digital-news.it/news.php?id=36796

I either end with the foreground image missing or with it dull and barely visible.

Any help, please? That's something I've been trying to do for years and always gave up but now I really need it.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at layer blending modes (particularly screen).

For example two layers as below:

Normal blending mode:

Top layer changed to screen:

Top layer changed to multiply:

Top layer changed to overlay:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, that's probably what I missed. Back to my experiments!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notice the lighting? That's the secret. You can't take something shot in flat daylight and get the same effect.

With two shots like the example you linked to, you just set one of them to Screen blend mode (which mimics a traditional double exposure). It works because of the large areas in darkness.

If you post the images you want to use, you might get more specific advice - despite what we like to think here, we*re not clairvoyant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I never thought about that could be also a problem of day/night lights. I'm working with images I bought at a stock images sites and their TOS doesn't allow me to post them as they are (my tries so far have been so unsuccessful that they are still as the original, one or the other). Otherwise I would have posted them

But even without posting them, your reply has been very helpful, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines