• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw & JPeg confusion

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this has been discussed several times but I am just getting more and more confused.

I have just performed an import from memory card. LR CC preference has "Treat JPegs as separate files" checked. But, now I have a whole folder in LR that shows Raw + JPeg as the title of each shot. How can I get the two files showing separately?

I just cannot seem to "get my head round" what has happened, why it happened and how to stop it happening again.

Any help much appreciated.

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Ok, what happens if you right click the folder in the Library and "Synchronise" it???

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you import that folder of images before or after you selected "Treat Jpegs as separate files"?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After. When I installed LR I never want to see stacks but always separate files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you place some screen shots please??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.

Here is a small extract of my grid view and a shot of my preferences.

BenPreference view.JPGGrid 1 View.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, what happens if you right click the folder in the Library and "Synchronise" it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. I have now "right clicked" and synchronized the folder. On completion of the tasks the folder list now shows 677 photos rather than 433 and the grid view now shows jpegs but nothing else. But, where are the Raw files?

I go to filter and select "file types" and the only shots available are jpegs. LR says there are no Raw files there at all. I'm even more confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, forget the last post. I must be tired still after the full day of shooting on Saturday. On re-clicking on the folder all shots now showed up.

I must be cracking up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What tasks did you select??

Have you selected Filters off?? there maybe a hidden one..

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 6.40.28 PM.png

Please try and give a little more detail... I'm a kiwi so in the dark a bit!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines