• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E-magazine help!

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have worked on many magazine titles in the past that have been printed, and then made in to e-magazines afterwards. But Now I am going to be designing an e-magazine, do the images I work with still need to be 300dpi in Indesign? I was initially working with 72dpi images to keep the file size down, but on screen they do look low res, so I'm sure viewers of the emag will think the same thing!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be more specific about at least two things: (1) What version of InDesign are you using? (2) What actual output from InDesign are you producing for your "e-magazine"? The choices include HTML, SWF (Flash), Interactive PDF, Reflowable PDF, Interactive PDF and Publish Online. We can't answer without more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve made a small typing error – I think he meant Reflowable ePub (and FXL ePub) not Reflowable PDF.

Also have a look at in5: Ajar Productions: in5 - Home

You also need to consider what devices you need your magazine to be viewed on and whether you're charging for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem of typing when you're still waking up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're aiming for readers to access the magazine on a tablet, you will find this chart useful (reproduced with the kind permission of Keith Gilbert).

Pages from mobile-apps-chart.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines