Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate Legacy Export not respecting Resolution setting

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody!

I reinstalled Mac OS Sierra and installed the latest version of Animate from my Creative Cloud subscription. For exporting high DPI images, I've always used Animate's Export Image option (now Export Image (legacy)). Ever since I reinstalled Animate on my new OS reinstall, the resolution value when exporting via the Export Image (Legacy) dialog isn't being respected. All of my images are being exported at a default resolution of 72dpi even though my settings would indicate otherwise:

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 12.58.23 PM.png

The strange thing is that everything worked 24 hours ago on the same version of Sierra and Animate that I am on right now. I even upgraded to the Sierra beta to see if that might resolve things, but it hasn't.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kirupa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

I tested in CS6, and things were the same there too. The DPI is really a convenience thing, where you can ask to get an image as if the stage was a different DPI. You'll notice that the width and height figures change. You do end up with a 72 DPI image, but it has more pixels, and if you printed at 300 dpi, a 72 dpi image that had been scaled up by over fours times would still have the same detail a same sized 300 dpi image would have.

In the new image export there is the same idea, only there th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested in CS6, and things were the same there too. The DPI is really a convenience thing, where you can ask to get an image as if the stage was a different DPI. You'll notice that the width and height figures change. You do end up with a 72 DPI image, but it has more pixels, and if you printed at 300 dpi, a 72 dpi image that had been scaled up by over fours times would still have the same detail a same sized 300 dpi image would have.

In the new image export there is the same idea, only there they went with the less confusing Resize percentage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin - The bug is that the exported image doesn't actually contain more pixels. It is literally a 72dpi image and the low amount of pixels that go with it. The width and height look larger, but the exported image dimensions do not match that. This feature worked exactly as you describe yesterday

I'll give the New Image export feature a shot. Thanks for that pointer.

Cheers,

Kirupa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kirupa,

You can report bugs to the team directly using Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines