• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

import in RAW from D7200

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, in early February,2017 I shot a set of photos in RAW with a newly purchased D7200. At the time I downloaded them onto my laptop on which I have LR 5.7.1 The photos uploaded fine and I was able to edit them as usual. Yesterday I shot another set of pictures in RAW with the exact same body but LR would not recognize the new set. I noticed that the first set I took are marked as tiff and not RAW. At the risk of seeming completely inept, I am throwing myself on the mercy of strangers to see if anyone might have an idea as to what happened here.

Thanks for any ideas or recommendations.

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

I don't know how you would have opened the NEF files in Lightroom 5.7.1. That camera was not supported until Lightroom 6. It's possible that you first open them in the Nikon software and saved them as TIF files  that you then imported into Lightroom. If you want to import the NEF files it will be necessary for you to upgrade. Otherwise, you can use the DNG converter to create DNG copies. The latest version is 9.9, which you might as well use.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how you would have opened the NEF files in Lightroom 5.7.1. That camera was not supported until Lightroom 6. It's possible that you first open them in the Nikon software and saved them as TIF files  that you then imported into Lightroom. If you want to import the NEF files it will be necessary for you to upgrade. Otherwise, you can use the DNG converter to create DNG copies. The latest version is 9.9, which you might as well use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for your prompt responses. I will try to figure out what I did before. The only other programs I have on this computer are iPhoto (which I never use), but I see does allow me to upload in RAW, and Affinity photo. What I cannot figure out is how I got them into tiff form. I appreciate your trying to help me

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I apologize for taking your time here. I think what I did was imported them to iPhoto, then exported them as tiff files and then put them into LR. I do appreciate your help

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The D7200, or any digital camera I know of, does not save files as TIFF so you must have opened and saved these is some other program.  The NEF files were not opened in Lr5.71 as Jim indicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines