• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant Permission Issues With Adobe CC On Mac

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having CONSTANT permissions problems that are seriously undermining my workflow with Adobe CC. I use InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and all are affected. There is something very wrong happening with Adobe CC and Mac permissions when you are using the program on multiple users on the same machine. Perhaps the problem could be solved by installing into each user folder instead of system wide, but that doesn't seem like a sacrifice users should have to make. I get Error Code 16 and a more fatal error of "Unable to launch Adobe InDesign as you may not have sufficient permissions to access the preferences folders. Try deleting the preferences folders and then restart Adobe InDesign." I have changed permissions in Application Support a million times. Sometimes it fixes the problem, but then it comes back. It is a constant and annoying dance. This most recent error I have deleted preferences, uninstalled/reinstalled, etc etc and it won't fix.

Adobe, this is a serious problem. Please help me fix it (I cannot deal with the overseas support debacle anymore).

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

The final step WHICH SOLVED THE ISSUE (for now at least) was deleting all InDesign related files from :

- /Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/

- /Users/[user name]/Library/Caches/

Once we did that I was able to open InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you move this? It is the wrong category.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in what category do you think it should be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Adobe CC basic. The problem is at the base level of my interaction with these programs, no deployment, teams, enterprise, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you stated, "There is something very wrong happening with Adobe CC and Mac permissions when you are using the program on multiple users on the same machine".

is the problem related to 'multiple users'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple user accounts on the same machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should say "multiple macintosh user accounts on the same machine using the same Adobe CC subscription", not multiple users of Adobe CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then what kind of license do you have if it's not a team or enterprise license?

you can attach a screenshot showing your license type, https://accounts.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a single user, two active at a time account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then you are correct; your post should be moved back.

but you are the only person that can (legally) use those programs so you shouldn't be using more than one user account (yours) with your programs.

[moved from Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS to Adobe Creative Cloud]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 11.50.03 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still cannot access InDesign. Intermittently getting "Error Code 16" on Photoshop and Illustrator as well.

Talking with Adobe support I have logged in to the Root User and changed the permissions to Read/Write on All User Accounts of the following folders:

/Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/

/Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/

/Users/[user name]/Library/Caches/Adobe/

/Users/[user name]/Documents/Adobe/

I still have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also mention I completely uninstalled/reinstalled Adobe CC and all Adobe programs and still received the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The final step WHICH SOLVED THE ISSUE (for now at least) was deleting all InDesign related files from :

- /Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/

- /Users/[user name]/Library/Caches/

Once we did that I was able to open InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping this solves the problems I have been having, but the "Error Code 16" issue has been intermittently popping up over the past months (it appears permissions I have changed get reset back to ones that cause problems... maybe when something is updated?). I will update this thread if I encounter it again.

Some of the support suggestions are not ideal... I appreciate the problem being solved, but I don't think constantly having to reset permissions or even having to enable read/write access for Everyone is a proper solution to the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have constant permissions problems with Adobe CC software. I no longer have the patience or time to deal with this. I am updating this thread for anyone else having the same issues. Incredibly frustrated and disappointed with this recent experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANy more updates on this? I have this problem with Photoshop CC on a MAC (team subscription). One admin user on my mac...subscription not shared. Tried changing permissions to read/write...Even tried rolling back to version 18.1.4 - still nothing. I can't add any images onto layers and am completely stuck. Adobe support did all of these attempts above and got nowhere. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue repeatedly and the fix that's listed does nothing. I've had to call Adobe, who refer me to Apple, who refers me to Adobe. In the end, it's a permissions issue that needs to be addressed from the terminal. Having said that, this last time, the permissions reset didn't work. Damned if I know what to do now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@goodjujucami , start your own thread in the appropriate forum.

this thread is confounded with posts from users with different basic (eg team/enterprise vs individual subscriptions) situations.  and it's 5 1/2 years old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines