• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Particles Reveal Logo

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have trapcode, and I have been messing around with the shatter effect hoping I can manipulate the end shatter.

But no avail.

What I would like is to make tiny particles that look like sand, and have it pour into a logo revealing it.....but without Trapcode and with shatter being so limited.

I could use some expert help unless I literally have no way of doing this without a plug-in?

So far my solution has been to flip my image and use shatter on an upside image, so when flipped and reversed in time.

It should look like the particles are falling into the logo, but as I mentioned the shatter just radiates out and I can't direct it into a cone.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Ball Action + position keyframes to pan them down through a mask

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant mask the particles....I have no idea why....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a sample I just did for you using CC Ball Action.

The 'Balls' layer is a simple shape layer with a solid circle. CC Ball Action was applied. This is your sand. Position keyframes were created to pan the sand down.

The 'Triangle Mask' layer would be your logo (I used a triangle shape arbitrarily). The 'Balls' layer has it TrkMat to the 'Triangle Mask' layer.

Pouring_Sand_Into_Mask_using_CC_Ball_1.png

And further down the timeline after the balls have been panned down via position keyframe:

Pouring_Sand_Into_Mask_using_CC_Ball_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Giving it my best shot, but now the CC Ball effect is not showing up on the circle shape.....and I added in part of the logo I am working with.AE Logo Reveal.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You turned the layer visibility on for your logo (eyeball icon at far left in timeline) - it turns off automatically when a layer is specified as the track matte for a different layer. You need to turn it back off, otherwise it will obscure your balls effect layer rather than acting like a mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its really weird, it wont show my logo unless I have a stroke on the Shape layer?

even when I turn off the layer visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DavidD,

Did you ever complete this effect? Let us know if you need more help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got everything to work thank you, figure it out and the final product I am happy with. thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines