• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FXL EPUB as PPT

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've begun to use Publish Online FXL EPUBs for presentations with animations. They're, of course, better than Powerpoints.

What vexes me is how to use a remote clicker to "press" a button and essentially "go to next state," the animation.

Any advice appreciated.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe I've ever heard of remote clickers that work with EPUB files. Generally, EPUB is designed for individual reading rather than for presentations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do remote clickers work with Publish Online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is pioneering. No reason why FXL EPUBs wouldn't make great presentations. I've done them by pecking at a laptop when I wanted to play an animation or go to next page, etc.

Just would be more convenient and businesslike to use the remote clicker everybody else does with PPTs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful if you could report back (to this forum) whether "clickers" can work with Publish Online as personally I can't test it as I haven't a clicker!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also never seen such clickers. I suspect that it's a Microsoft Office thing since so many people use PowerPoint for presentations.

I just spent a few minutes trying unsuccessfully to find out how the clicker interacts with the software. Some models mention support for not only Powerpoint, but also Apple Keynote and some sort of Google slide software. The category of hardware seems to be limited to presentation software only however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, yes, I also did some research on clickers on Amazon, and it seems you're right. But ...

One of the options on Buttons and Forms panel in INDD is "on click" (I think; don't actually have it open at the moment). Seems to me there should be some way to tie this back to a clicker.

But once that's solved, there's still the issue of order. Think of a 3-point PPT slide, for example. Click, and one bullet appears. Click, and the second appears, etc. How would a clicker -- if a clicker could click in InDesign -- know to start the photo zoom as opposed to the second line of text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The On Click setting for a button or form field refers to when you view a button or form on a tablet or smart phone when you don't have a mouse.

In fact, it says On Release or Tap. That means that with a mouse-driven device, the event will occur when you press the mouse and then release (giving the viewer the option to click away instead of immediately causing an action). But if you're on a tablet or smartphone, you click on the button to cause the event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines