• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF interactive

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm trying to export an interactive pdf with two videos and run ok on Adobe Reader. My problem is when I open it on my iphone; the space where its supposed to be the video is completely blank and has no option for reproduction. How can I fix it? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Anasuiya Gupta​

Mobile devices don't support movies in PDFs in any way. I think you will misslead the TE if you give the signal that it should do it.

I would recommend to use EPUB or Publish Online or 3rd party plugins for HTML5-export.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interactive PDF is nothing short of a crapshoot on mobile devices. Success is highly dependent on the reader application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As BobLevine said it's a crapshoot...  You would be better trying to render your videos on a responsive website using all associated HTML and CSS etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What reader are you using on your iPhone? Is it Adobe Acrobat or some web browser to open the PDFs generated? If possible, please use Adobe Acrobat on your phone and see if the PDF renders properly or not.

If the issue is seen in Adobe Acrobat as well, then please share the .indd file and the PDF generated anasgupt@adobe.com so that we can investigate the issue.

Regards

Anasuiya Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Adobe Reader on mobile devices doesn't support video! I've been complaining to the beta team about this for years!

You need to pay for a reader like PDF Expert to play video on mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anasuiya Gupta​

Mobile devices don't support movies in PDFs in any way. I think you will misslead the TE if you give the signal that it should do it.

I would recommend to use EPUB or Publish Online or 3rd party plugins for HTML5-export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines