• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2017 hang/crashes with select focus area and select and mask. Help Please.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is supremely frustrating. Despite turning off OpenCL, turning off use  Graphics Processor, reinstalling PS, etc. Both Select by Focus area and Select and Mask lock PS every time.

I need at least one of them to work as my pipeline is largely dependent upon fast masking of a large number of images.

Both PS and video card are up to date.

Windows 10 64

32GB ram

Nvidia 1080

Please help.Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

The CC 2017.1 update seems to have fixed some of the reported bugs but not the bug the prevente me fro wanting to us e CC 2017.  I still use CC 2014. Here is what my Windows 10 CC 2017.1 system info looks like.  It doe not seem to hang but then I only test it a  CC 2015.5 scripting bug bite some of my Photoshop scripts still in CC 2017.  Photoshop CC 2015.5: Script Metadata assigment error | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Photoshop Crash or Hang?  If Photoshop crashes use Windows reliability history viewer to find the Photoshop stopped working and post the detail report here.

CC 2015 crash.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJMack, thank you for your reply. That is a very good question. It was a bush league mistake on my part to say crash. PS hangs, and has to be forced closed.

I have since been able to get it to work, by NOT selecting overlay as my preview.

My only issue (aside from not being able to use overly) is the mask tends not to refresh unless I love the image, or click preview off and on.

**EDIT**

I spoke to soon. It now hangs when using the standard (all white) mask preview as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The CC 2017.1 update seems to have fixed some of the reported bugs but not the bug the prevente me fro wanting to us e CC 2017.  I still use CC 2014. Here is what my Windows 10 CC 2017.1 system info looks like.  It doe not seem to hang but then I only test it a  CC 2015.5 scripting bug bite some of my Photoshop scripts still in CC 2017.  Photoshop CC 2015.5: Script Metadata assigment error | Photoshop Family Customer Community

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines