Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse CC 2017 suddenly extremely slow

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I have been using Muse for years now, and suddenly today muse is so slow that it is not useable anymore. It takes minutes to respond to a click. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but problem persists. I am using a mid 2015 MacBook Pro, with 16 GB RAM, so it can't be the computer ...?

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks

Anjum

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This looks like a cache issue, please resetting the Muse Preferences as mentioned Below.

For Mac:

Go to home screen of the machine, click "Go" (Top menu option) and click "Go To Folder"

Type : "~/Library/Preferences/Adobe"  , now you will be inside the Adobe folder and can see Muse related folder , rename the Muse folder to any name.

For Win:

Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming

Rename com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.(version) to any name.

Now launch Muse and check if the issue is now resolved.

Regards,
Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

thanks for your quick reply. I tried this exactly as you wrote, but muse ist still very slow in responding. I even emptied the "Caches" folder. When I click on something I have to wait about 5 seconds or longer for Muse to react. It is hardly possible to work this way.

I am currently using a Muse Themes template, which I bought. Could this be the reason?

I never had problems with sites I completely built on my own.

Thank you again

Anjum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folders which show under

~/Library/Preferences/Adobe

Adobe Muse CC (which I renamed)

Adobe Muse CC Libraries

Each of these contain four folders titled 2015.0, 2015.1, 2015.2 and 2017.0

should I delete the 2015 ones?

Thanks again

Anjum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anjum,

Yes please delete all the available version folders, they will be recreated once you restart Muse.

Could you also check and tell me the size of your .muse file?

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anjum,

I have exactly the same issue as Ankush. I followed all the proposed steps. No result. It takes minutes to export the preview. My muse file has the size of 6.5MB and I checked all links in the element panel.

This is not the only issue with muse 2017 in the moment. We pay for these issues in the moment with our time and we also missed one deadline. I saw that a similar issue was solved some time ago in another thread. But there is not written how it came to a solution.

Andreas Bücklers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

the file is 13,5 MB. My MacBook has 16 GB RAM, so that couldn't be it ...

I'm using a Muse Themes Template (Karma) for the first time. Could be an issue with the template?

Thanks
Anjum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush,

now Muse is crashing while I'm starting it ... I tried 8 times, it won't even start 😞

Regards

Anjum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting error as well with the crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No crash, but slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No,

it just shuts down.

The 9th or tenth time it started.

BR

Anjum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check for any third-party widgets or custom HTML code that could be causing this issue?

To check, delete widgets one by one and see if that results in a better performance.

Also, please update to the latest version of Muse 2017.0.1 and let us know if the crash issues were fixed.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse has crashed 7 times on me this morning... with Muse open the mouse won't respond as normal it is going in slow motion. 

I went to drag a form on the page and both monitors went blank and muse was closed when the video screens came back on.

Copy and paste within Muse has been super super more than normal slow since Sunday morning...  Illustrator library won't sync either...

What are you guys doing to us???????????   Never had these issues before "the cloud"

Stacked Mac ~ everything up to date!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues as others on multiple iMac and Macbook machines. It is taking around 6 hours to export one website of 641mb. Other functions such as deleting blank lines, adding bullet points, and other basic functions are extremely slow to respond. The same issues occur with other websites we have made. This is costing me a huge amount of time and productivity. The same issues did not exist with 2015...please, please sort this out a.s.a.p. I have sent one of the muse files to muse-support@adobe.com yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, not sure if this will help everyone or not...  the team uses Dropbox and we work on files from there..SO

I moved one of the files from dropbox to the desktop.

I then shut off Dropbox, Google Drive, CC App, anything else running in the background. Unplugged the internet, restarted just like in the old days with no connectivity and just running the programs native off the hard drive and I personally found InDesign, Photoshop and Muse to be in my mind 30-50 times faster than connected to the internet and dropbox, google and other programs.   I need to now eliminate one program at a time and see if this fixes anything...   I will tell you when you copy and paste from within Muse it is much faster. I do not get a spinning wheel while copy and pasting.  Are the Adobe products writing our copy and paste to the Cloud? I find it funny when you are "off the grid" Adobe programs run much faster.. just saying..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rebecca,

Can you confirm if you are on the latest version 2017.0.2? To verify, select Help > About in the application.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anjum Werner​, what`s your system? Mac, PC? This sudden crash I had as well, my workaround with help from ADOBE was to create a new user. Before that I had issues with permission inside my Mac OS 10.10.5.

That`s the question: do you get any error or crash messages from Apple. Don`t know about PC, maybe, and this is only a question globally: Is it possible that system-permissions could be distracted from software (in this case ADOBE)?

Before I got crashes every time I started, my MUSE got slower as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a useful suggestion. Creating a new user account can sometimes solve these kind of issues.

Let us know if this solution helped anyone here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It has been doing it since I updated to the newest Muse 2017 yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this ultimately been solved?

I have been on with Adobe support on a few occasions for Muse ranging back to last August's release of the software.
I often experience very slow responsiveness from the software, hang ups while uploading to FTP on both passive and extended passive modes, issues uploading PDFs that are seemingly random -I will have to remove a linked PDF from a page because upload freezes on it, yet I can add it a week later with no issues-

The most Adobe support could give me was "delete the file and try again" which is not particularly helpful when I need to have viewable/downloadable files (PDF) for various client documents and services.

I'm currently running Adobe Muse 2017.0.2.60
Mid 2015 MacBook Pro 15" Retina
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB RAM - 1600 DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB Graphics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew, did you try it with a new user? Of course I do not really know if you also have profile permission issues, but ...

As far as I experienced, Adobe could not really help, because it might not be only an issue from Adobe but with Apple as well?

I had at that time the question, if somehow Muse is part of this permission profile issue – all other apps (PS, Id, On1 LR CC, ...) worked well.

Create a new user, you might already have all apps you need or you download it from CC.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did create a new Admin user on both my iMac 5K and the machine listed in the reply above. Muse is still hanging up on, what appears to be only, PDF files. Furthermore, these files are text-only and < 1MB in most instances.

This has been an ongoing issue on a website I built and published December - January and the last time I was on with Adobe support (chat) we essentially ended up having to go and delete PDFs one-by-one and attempt to upload to FTP after each. On this latest iteration with this problem, I've removed several of the PDFs that Muse seems to be having trouble uploading only to find it jammed up on another on down the line. Unfortunately, I am pretty rusty on my HTML and CSS (hence the use of Muse) and don't really have much hope of troubleshooting this on the back end. For all intents and purposes, I could export the HTML, which I've been able to do successfully, and upload the HTML and assets individually...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that exporting HTML from Muse is a simpler solution to an ephemeral issue that hasn't really given me any clear root cause.

Exporting HTML has never failed on me, regardless of what is included in the site build or its size. In reality it only adds one step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As long as your client doesn´t need to make changes, you are right. Anyway, there might be a solution from ADOBE bout this as well?

You may report is as a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines