Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sierra-Photoshop CC 2017 - cursor movement

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody

So, this drives me nuts, I think one day I'm going to smash something.

The cursor in photoshop moves, aaaa, how can I explain, it moves in "small hiccups". It moves very slow, like it's hanging on to something, like it's stops and snaps at every single "pixel grid" in the way.

The solution for such moments is to "command+tab" to anywhere else and return, but it's very very very frustrating.

Anybody?

p.s.: this is the computer from work, I have all the updates, system and applications, everything is neat, bla, bla, etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

I'm back with answers , after two weeks of working only on my 21" iMac, with almost zero problems, today the new display has arrived, a 28" 4K Dell 2017 model.

Aaaaaand we're back..... in photoshop the mouse keeps stumbling upon..... who knows? and in Indesign when I grab an object (text box, object, picture) to move it around my monitor goes black for 1 second or so.

So, f********* u Apple for this, or Adobe, I don't care who is to blame, all I know is that the forums are full with these errors.

F

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ogutule,

Please uncheck Use graphics processor from Photoshop preferences by going to Photoshop > Preferences > Performance.

Then Relaunch photoshop and try if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, so this week I tried to work with the Graphics Processor > Advanced settings set to Normal.

The behavior of the cursor was the same, but not that often, I think. Next week I will work with Graphics Processor turned off, like you (Bahaar Khan) said.

See you next week. Let's hope it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I tried a whole week with that setting unchecked, it's the same.

Sometimes I can work for hours with nothing happening but when it starts, oh boy... I can barely move my cursor from one side to another.

Other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a Wacom tablet connected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. But, I forgot to say something, today my working monitor died, I have the iMac and a bigger Dell. Today the dell died and until replacement I'm left only with the imac.

I'm curious if it will still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm back with answers , after two weeks of working only on my 21" iMac, with almost zero problems, today the new display has arrived, a 28" 4K Dell 2017 model.

Aaaaaand we're back..... in photoshop the mouse keeps stumbling upon..... who knows? and in Indesign when I grab an object (text box, object, picture) to move it around my monitor goes black for 1 second or so.

So, f********* u Apple for this, or Adobe, I don't care who is to blame, all I know is that the forums are full with these errors.

For the ones that don't know yet, the indesign bug dissapears if you make the Mouse Cursor bigger in "system preferences".... yeah, really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines