• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import not recognizing my CR2 files

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know 100 people have asked about this, because I've read 100 posts trying to find a solution to my problem.

Recently Lightroom will only SOMETIMES allow me to import files off of my SD card.

I am shooting a Cannon 6D. I have the most updated Lightroom 2015.9 release Camera Raw 9.9.

Below is a screen shot of what I'm seeing. It's treating the files as if I've uploaded them or they're not available. I've removed the 'don't upload duplicates' check box, I'm using the most updated OS, and am pulling my hair out.

I hope someone can help!

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 5.57.35 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the destination tab, what happens if you put a checkmark in the box “Into Subfolder” ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happened

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR is showing all those images as Already imported. That is why they are all Grayed Out.

Or you have not selected a valid Destination for those images to be copied to. Your screen shot does not show you have any folder selected in the destination section.

Have you searched the catalog for those files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a folder selected, it was just not visible on the screen.

I searched, and it appears I have multiple photos with same names, but they're different photos. I'm not sure if that would be causing an issue. It looks like my camera naming is creating same named photos after I format the cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ensure your Canon file naming is set to continuous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it import if you copy them to a temporary folder on the desktop by finder and try to import/copy from there?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This suggestion worked, but I would still like to solve the 'in Lightroom' issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It actually seems to be an issue with your card reader or the USB connection to the camera.

Please try a different card reader.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines