• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with email hyperlinks in presenter 7

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2008 Sep 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using presenter 6.2 with powerpoint for a while, and I've just upgraded to 7. However, now email hyperlinks (mailto:) no longer work. Has anyone else had this problem? How do I fix it?
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 09, 2008 Sep 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this on a PPTX presentation . It worked there .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2008 Sep 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've built my project in powerpoint 2003 with presenter 7. My associate imported a 2003 powerpoint project into office 2007 with presenter 7 and it didn't work. My assumption is that your way might work if I created a new project with powerpoint 2007 and presenter, as opposed to importing an older version of powerpoint.

p.s. This issue is not apparent with presenter 6.2 and in both powerpoint 2003 & 2007, the mailto link works in "slideshow"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2008 Sep 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there are two formats PPT and PPTX(new format supported in PowerPoint 2007 ) , In case of PPT mailto hyperlink does not work in published output but in case of PPTX it works . So if you will open your PowerPoint 2003 created Presentation which will be a PPT in Powerpoint 2007 , it will still be PPT . You will have to save that file as PPTX and then publish the file . I tried the same and it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2008 Sep 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done afew tests and it would appear that the Presenter 7 does not maintian the funtion of email links if the file being published is ppt format, it only works if you export from pptx format. The problem for me here is the formatting of all the text is altered in the exported version when I use the pptx format.

I will try and downgrade to v6.2 and see if this will allow me to export with a funtioning email link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2008 Oct 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
many thanks since your last post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources