• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC (2017) Freezes MacOS Sierra 10.12.4

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My iMac freezes completely each time I work with InDesign. I need to hard reboot my computer. I uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign from the Creative Cloud and nothing works. I also tried to work with different documents. No effect. My iMac crashes and it´s NEW. Apparently, no problem with Illustrator, Photoshop or any other Adobe CC app.

Since I did the last update the problem started.

This is a serious problem and I can not work. Please, I need answers to fix the problem quickly.

Raquel Costa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

HI,

We are aware of an issue with Intel GPU on MAC OS 10.12.4.

Try working with InDesign after disabling the GPU performance from preferences.(Turn off the below highlighted option)

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is virtually impossible for an application to bring down any modern operating system be it Mac or Windows.

There is something seriously wrong here but I’m not enough of a Mac expert to help diagnose it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

We are aware of an issue with Intel GPU on MAC OS 10.12.4.

Try working with InDesign after disabling the GPU performance from preferences.(Turn off the below highlighted option)

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My GPU performance was unchecked already - this is annoying and a productivity killer! It freezes several times an hour - I was restarting each time until I realized it wasn't necessary that it eventually comes back alive. But the freeze period is increasing from 4 minutes to now 20 -

Any update on the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off the phone with Adobe support because I was having this EXACT same issue. I updated Sierra to 10.12.4 this morning and suddenly InDesign is crashing my entire system. Other Adobe products were working fine. I spoke to Apple support first and spent time diagnosing. It is definitely an InDesign issue.

Solution: Uncheck GPU Performance under InDesign Preferences. 45 minutes later, this fixed the problem. They told me this is a known issue with the 10.12.4 update, and Adobe is working on a fix for the next update. Why it took 45 minutes to fix if it's a known issue is beyond me, but there you have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem on my macbook pro. So much for virtually impossible BobLevine

Anyway I unticked the GPU checkbox and see if the problem's gone. Thanks to those who spent time to diagnose for us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same issue, first thoughed it had something to do with my fonts... looked for 2 days to solve it... crashed 30 times.

This is great help! Thank you for the info!

stability is essential

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same freezing problem with latest version of InDesign CC (2017) and iOS 10.12.4, but I have no GPU disabling option in the preferences (no Automatic Graphic Switching checkbox in Energy Saver preference panel... Then, any other tip to remove this issue?

TIA

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in Indesign's Preferences menu, not OSX. When Preferences dialogue box opens, select GPU Performances tab and then uncheck box.

Hope this helps!

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris, it seems to be more stable now. Just that it worked at the third attempt, because during the two first my Mac freezed before I could uncheck the option.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick update to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here.

Any news about the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines