• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is this new InDesign

Enthusiast ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I go to create a new document and I'm served up a row of advertisements. Seriously? And what is this soft grey on grey which in not easier on the eyes? Not mine anyway. Is there anyway to go back to the previous ID scheme. Was there a point?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Is there anyway to go back to the previous ID scheme.

Sure.

InDesign CCss_014.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to go back to the previous ID scheme.

Sure.

InDesign CCss_014.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the New dialog box isn't advertisements... it's how to create a new document and how to access the new templates. If you don't care for it, you can disable it and return to the legacy New dialog box.

In Prefs New Document.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The new "New Document" dialog introduced in CC 2017.1 is useful and saves times in creating documents from scratch. Instead of beginning with a blank document, you can choose from a wide variety of templates, including templates from Adobe Stock. Templates include assets that you can build on to complete your project. When you open a template in InDesign, you can work with it just as you would work with any other InDesign document

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I figured out the background color buy overlooked the legacy box. Just out of curiosity, where do the downloads go? I clicked on one to test. It doesn't go to my default download folder and it's not in my creative cloud folder under my user name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah…it's a template that you open. When I get some time after work, I'll have to go through all the changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a subtle change in the dialog box.

Note the blue download button before licensing:

InDesign CCss_021.png

And the blue open button after:

InDesign CCss_022.png

Just click on open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Mr.+Met  wrote

It doesn't go to my default download folder and it's not in my creative cloud folder under my user name.

Downloaded templates are added to a Creative Cloud library called Stock Templates. You can access this library in the CC Libraries panel(Window > CC Libraries, choose the Stock Templates library).

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated and want to second my dislike of the new color themes. I was very happy with what I had before, which is no longer available. White is too bright, light gray has NO contrast at all, dark gray has no contrast where it is needed and all the text is too bright, and black is unusable. Why all the gray on gray? The panel lists used to have white backgrounds in the light gray interface, now everything is uniformly gray and extremely hard on the eyes. I want to go back. Can I roll back the update?

QUIT MESSING WITH THE INTERFACE. It was perfectly fine back in CC 2015 before the update that screwed up the panels. Now every update messes it up more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DKingDesigner​: I'm not Adobe, this is a user-to-user forum where more experienced users help less experienced users figure out the features. I do recommend passing this information on to Adobe. Use this form:

Wishform - Adobe InDesign

However, if you want to roll back an update, I can help with that. See:

Adobe Creative Cloud: It’s Not Working After the Upgrade - Rocky Mountain Training

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't mean it to look like I was attacking you. I know that you're not with Adobe. I'm just seconding the frustration of the OP.

I simply looked for a post that mentioned the interface so I could second it. Your post showed where the options used to be to fix the interface, but those options no longer work. Now all the options are unusable. Adobe needs to know that when they fiddle with the interface of their software, it seriously impacts the usability for long time users. I've been using ID since version 1, and it really frustrates me when I open it and the interface has completely changed. I don't mind change when it is a useful change, but lately, the feature set has stagnated, and they keep fiddling with things that don't need to change. Thanks for the link to the wish form. I whined there too.

I did figure out how to roll back, I think, and am doing that now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries! And glad I could help with the rollback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What you see is the new "New Document" dialog introduced in CC 2017.1 is useful and saves times in creating documents from scratch.

Instead of beginning with a blank document, you can choose from a wide variety of templates, including templates from Adobe Stock. Templates include assets that you can build on to complete your project. When you open a template in InDesign, you can work with it just as you would work with any other InDesign document. Those are not advertisements!!!

The grey on grey?

InDesign now has a brand new user interface that is flat, modern, and easy on the eyes. The tools and panels have new icons. You can change the interface to one of the four available color options designed for optimal user experience: Dark, Medium Dark, Medium Light,and Light.

Do check out the release notes and the new features in this release : New features summary for the 2017 releases of InDesign CC

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its these new interfaces that make the spell checker UNREADABLE. the "not in dictionary" is not readable and barley readable in light settings

Try it...try to spell check something in the dark or medium dark setting. Major fail Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 7.52.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-11 at 7.59.27 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the legibility. As you can see from my screen shots, I prefer the darker interface. I also find it easier on my eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s all annoying to look at.

[personal info removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inadvertently replied to the email for this thread. I don't recall an email reply ever posting before. Thanks for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you reply to an email it always goes to the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The legibility is indeed really bad in numerous places, for both the brighter and the darker interface.

indesign.pngindesign2.png

Is this a case for feature request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely. Use this form:

Wishform - Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i request that you also report the issue hereFeature Request/Bug Report Form

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Sohanchyk: as a heads up, it is not a good idea to post personal contact information on a public forum. amaarora, I am not able to edit Mr. Sohanchyk's post—I'm getting a spinning wheel when I click on Actions on this one post—perhaps you can take care of this for him?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BarbBinder​,

It seems done now!

Just to add..

Don't post personal details

Don't post serial numbers, passwords

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to respectfully disagree that the new interface is easy on the eyes. This new flat look has so little contrast between interface elements and groupings that I am constantly straining my eyes as I move from one grouping to the next. Stronger vertical and horizontal dividers between interface groupings allow the eye to very comfortably scan and recognize groupings, and thus focus on where you need to go more easily. This new interface actually blurs those visual separations and makes that more difficult. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. The new interface is horrible. The illegibility of the ghosted out text in dialogue boxes as highlighted by chris_m is possibly the worst aspect. This becomes very troublesome in third-party plugins. I hope Adobe reverts to the previous scheme due to pressure from users. My workplace department is holding off on updates since we've unanimously agreed that the new version is too difficult to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines