• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roto with a proxy

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just recently finished editing a music video and I added some effects using the roto brush. Bc I am on an older slower mac, I used a proxy and then roto brushed in "Quarter" quality, not knowing this would chnage how the roto worked when i tried to export in full quality. How ever i am unable to make the necessary changes in full quality because my computer can't handle this. Is there any work around for this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

If I'm understanding you correctly, you'd like to use the roto you created on the proxy and have that apply to the full-quality render without AE recalculating the roto when rendering. If that's the case then I think you can accomplish this by freezing the roto while working in the proxy footage (Freeze button is in the layer panel next to the render checkbox).

Here is more information about the roto freeze functionality:

Roto Brush and Refine Matte in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since we know NOTHING about your hardware, OS & AE version, there's no way to give a good answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you need to know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 1.00.39 PM.pngAdobe After Effects CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm understanding you correctly, you'd like to use the roto you created on the proxy and have that apply to the full-quality render without AE recalculating the roto when rendering. If that's the case then I think you can accomplish this by freezing the roto while working in the proxy footage (Freeze button is in the layer panel next to the render checkbox).

Here is more information about the roto freeze functionality:

Roto Brush and Refine Matte in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh you just made me so happy thank you so much!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the system info.  I see that you're seriously short on memory.

I would consider putting 16 gigs of RAM into your machine without fail if I were you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines