• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to capture doc info before it actually opens?

Engaged ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like a plugin to be notified when a user chooses a document to open, but before Illustrator actually reads it, so the plugin can get basic info on the file and give the user an opportunity to cancel the Open if certain conditions exist. After studying the notifier list I doubt this is possible, but thought I'd ask the experts. -- Rick

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

No, you don't have any input that level, as you suspected. Best you could do would be to close it after it was done loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you don't have any input that level, as you suspected. Best you could do would be to close it after it was done loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Andrew! That wasn't what I wanted to hear, but exactly what I needed to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines