Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Event for changed ActiveSequence

Engaged ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is there an event allowing us to create a listener for a change of the active sequence, i.e. if a different (already open) sequence is being activated, or another sequence is opened from the project window? I don't really want to use an interval timer for polling..

Cheers,

Erik

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

There is no such message.

Instead of polling, why not just check the active sequence, before doing anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such message.

Instead of polling, why not just check the active sequence, before doing anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruce,

the intention is to populate a read-only textfield with the sequence name for the purpose of cross-checking, before the user hits the export button next to said text field, which will trigger a custom export process. I want to circumvent having an "update" button, or use panel focus/click events, that's always one click more than necessary. The ideal solution would be to have non-blocking events, alternatively I prbably would have to use an interval-based poll, but only when the panel is visible to the user. I think there is a switch for this...correct? To check if a panel is active (not focused, but visible in the GUI)?

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can tell if an extension is open or not; see CEP HTML Test Extension.

Perhaps your panel could enable/disable the export button, after confirming whether the current active sequence is the same as the previously noticed active sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so there is (currently) no way to "know" programmatically if the

panel is visible, just open or closed.

I was also thinking about pausing the interval timer whenever PPro is

"idle", i.e. not playing back, mouse button is pressed etc., basically

excluding "global" states that might be disturbed by a timed blocking

method. Do you reckon this is feasible, because the "exclusion list" might

be quite vast?

Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We don't recommend interval timers, at all.

I'd recommend checking the active sequence immediately after the user clicks that button, and fail out if the current sequence is incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines