• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D displacement map in 2D footage?

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've been looking online to find tutorials about displacing 3D in adobe after effects and i always found displacing 2D images with 3D displacement maps, is it possible to apply the same technique with a 2D footage?

if it's possible, how do i do it?

I do intend to rotoscope the footage first before displacing the footage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

AE's displacement map effect gives the illusion of 3D by offsetting image pixels based on the gray scale values of another layer.  I presume that's what you're talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE's displacement map effect gives the illusion of 3D by offsetting image pixels based on the gray scale values of another layer.  I presume that's what you're talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, is it possible to perform the displacement on a 2d video of a funeral rather than a still 2d image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to visualize what you have in mind, and not having any luck.  Can you elaborate on what you want to viewer to see?  Details are good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a composition in after effects with what is supposed to be a mausoleum shot with people holding hands while in mourning as the people with the casket enter to place the coffin in it's final resting place, the 2 shots (mausoleum landscape and green screen people in mourning) have perfect depth to it as they were shot with a 360 camera

but then there's the 2d footage of people carrying the casket towards the tomb which has very flat depth compared to the other 2 shots since it was shot with a RED camera

now even though the shot of the people carrying the casket has flat depth compared to the other shots, i want to give the 2d footage the exact amount of depth as the other videos, so i s it possible to apply the 3d displacement to a video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say depth, could you be more specific about what you mean? Are you viewing this through 3d glasses or are you moving the footage around in 3d? Or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

forget it, change of plans, the director chose to cut the footage from the film

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines