• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can someone tell me what the held key shortcuts are?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've googled and searched the forums but I can't find them, as I'm not entirely sure what they are called.

I'm not referring to the normal 'Keyboard Shortcuts', but the ones you hold down to use a specific tool.
For example if I hold CTRL in my keyboard, it uses the selection tool, and if I hold down spacebar, it uses the hand tool.

Is there a list for all of these, and also are these customizable?

I want to set one of these to the eyedropper tool, or more specifically put it on one of the buttons on my tablet pen. The keyboard shortcuts can get me to the eyedropper tool, but I'll need to switch back to whatever tool I was using with another keyboard shortcut and its a bit of an inconvenience to manage, especially when I'm jumping back and forth from one color to another.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are all the keyboard shortcuts for Adobe Animate.

Adobe Animate CC keyboard shortcuts

Also here is how you change shortcuts in Adobe Animate.

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 7.13.10 PM.png

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The keys you're talking about are called modifier keys. They modify what else is being pressed at the time. Sometimes they are used on their own too, as you noticed with the control and spacebar.

The keyboard shortcuts Nick showed don't take just a modifier key. Also I don't think there is any way to revert back to whatever previous tool you were using.

You could go into the keyboard shortcuts and Add to Eyedropper, then press the button on your tablet pen, maybe it would register as a key press. If it doesn't, are you able to map that button to the letter i?

That still wouldn't give you a way to go back to the previous tool. If that previous tool is usually the Selection tool, you could map another button to the letter v (if the pen has another button).

How come you need to use the eyedropper so much?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come you need to use the eyedropper so much?

Because all people I know that kinda are forced to use this tool to animate, does it to animate each single frames of Hand-drawn FXs on a huge netflix CG production that actually need to eyedrop single pixel color every frame to match underlying CG color. 

I know this settlement won't help making this happen in a matter of days but it would still be great if it comes up one day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While I agree it would be nice to have this, the example you provided sounds more like a workflow issue. Going back and forth to fully color every frame is not very efficient, you should pick a color and fill every frame that uses that particular color, then switch to the next and rinse and repeat. It's the fastest method by far with or without rubberband keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

17814466_10158494487485634_8028444035530463404_o.jpg?oh=82a50a9b9698e9c06f155ddb6ad4230d&oe=5997F559

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very pretty Nipun, but do you know that it doesn't answer the question that was asked? Keefachu wants to be able to press a button on a tablet stylus and have the eyedropper tool appear, then when the button is released whatever tool was previously selected would be active again. I don't know of a way to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines