• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Pressure Glitching Out, Please Help!

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've been experiencing a bit of a problem with my pen pressure on my Wacom Intuos tablet. This has been occuring for quite a while now, and it's starting to get a bit irritating, especially now that I run a Tumblr art blog, and am unable to do my art because of it. What happens is when I try to use my tablet, the pressure acts as if I pushed down as hard as possible with the pressure, despite how lightly I push, but as soon as I move the pen, it goes back to normal. This happens with every stroke that I do. It looks like this:

wtf is going onnn.png

It's getting in the way of my art, and I really need a solution. I've tried unplugging and replugging the tablet in, waiting a few days and trying again, and messing with the pen tip. I've been weary of doing too much, because I'm worried I might break the tablet in a way. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you check your brush presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did, and it didn't do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CollaberalClaya,

Sorry for the pressure trouble. Have you gone through the Photoshop Cafe tutorial for pressure here? Customize Wacom pen and pressure settings in Photoshop tutorial - YouTube 

Can you post a screenshot of what your Brush panel looks like in the Shape Dynamics section?

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might try replacing the nib of the pen.  I've had crud accumulare just enough to make it act erratically.  May not be the issue, but simple enough to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines