• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create partial 3d head

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a 3d face with only the front and temple(spelling?) and put on a existing face. Are there any easy 2d to 3d "face only" apps you can export to ae/element 3d?

Something like this.
2aecebb70d53792c259e37d1fad1753c.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at all. Sorry, you're talking about complex matchmoving here which is way beyond AE and Element 3D. Unless you really know your way around a 3D program and all the auxilliary apps like PFTrack or Syntheyes, then this is way beyond even remotely feasible.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply maybe I'm making this more complicated than it really is.

I know its silly but I want this picture to look more "3d" or wrap around the edge of the face when he turns his head. Nothing fancy and very ugly yes.

e744c797ee123534176fdbf686c2272f.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use CC Cylinder to make it more rounded, but if you want to make it look like a 3d face, you're going to have to do a LOT more work by using depth slices, try to mess with it in Element 3d, or use a proper 3d software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First option - Change to the C4D renderer and apply a curve to the face layer - EZ and free but it will take a while to render

FreeForm or FreeForm Pro from Mettle and a lot of homework figuring out distortion maps - probably what I would use

Another option is to use the face image as a texture map on a 3D model in C4D Lite. this requires extensive knowledge of that app and it's included in AE and there are a lot of good tutorials available.

Element 3D is another 3D app that would do the trick but personally I think it would be easier to integrate C4D lite and a face obj file than to use Element 3D.

Last option - CC cylinder

One more note. The project will be easier if you learn about motion stabilize so you can remove the camera move from the footage, then re-introduce it. I've got a tutorial on that technique if you want to give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As yet another alternative you can of course try to find a suitable pre-made anatomical head and import it in Element 3D, using your image as a texture. Otherwise it seems to me that this is more a job for warping the face into place using distortion filters and blending it in with feathered masks rather than actually using any 3D at all.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on your quality demands "intel realsence r200" +  their sdk  ( or "reconstructme" ) could be the answer.  But You'll need Element 3D in addition.

Easy work. ( in my opinion freeform pro leads to quite a lot of work in such a situation, not an expert though, but I've tried it )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi FlashG0rdon,

How did you end up pulling off this effect? Did the advice from our experts assist you? Please let us know if we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines