• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens profile not automatically recognized for long exposures?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using bulb mode for long exposures on my Sony a7rii with a Zeiss Batis 2.8/18 ... the exif data shows Lens: ZEISS Batis 2.8/18, but when I try to enable profile corrections in Camera Raw/Lightroom CC, it's unable to locate a matching lens profile.  On shots that didn't use bulb mode, it properly detects and enables the profile correction for the lens, but not for bulb mode long exposures.  Is this intentional?   A bug?  I have significant vignetting and distortion that I'd like to correct, and I don't trust my ability to use the manual mode ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

And you did shoot RAW?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select the correct lens manually to apply the profile.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that but it doesn't show up!  There is no Zeiss entry at all and only one for Sony and it's the wrong lens.  Seems like I shouldn't need to download it since it IS there for non bulb-mode exposures!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you did shoot RAW?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, these are RAW.  So bizarre.  They were triggered with the Sony smart remote over wi-fi from my phone and used bulb mode is the only difference ... but I don't see how that should change anything and the exif data looks the same as any other shot.  Are the lens profiles still supposed to apply for exposures > 30 seconds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I came back to this thread to admit my idiocy!  When the question was asked about whether or not the files were RAW, I just immediately discounted it and assumed yes because I almost always leave my camera in RAW mode!! However, I was using Sony's 'PlayMemories Mobile' app to control the shutter release and in their infinite wisdom, Sony created separate settings for that app that override the camera settings and of course it defaults to JPG.  Which is to say, yes the file I was trying to edit was a JPG and not RAW.  It was my fault ... LR doesn't apply lens correction profiles to JPeGs and I didn't even notice it was a JPG until days later while on the phone with Adobe support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines