Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive Web Design and Content Strategy

Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry for the noise in the DW's forum... As part of the Creative Pipeline blog, I just published a series of 4 articles on the close relationship between Responsive Web Design and Content Strategy, and maybe that might interest some of you.

These articles try to identify the various problems related to the reactive aspect of the content, depending on the environment, but also on the context of use, and ask the questions allowing us to define axes of reflections and solutions.

Your feedback would be more than welcome and would extend the discussion on this subject.

Thank you for your attention and have a nice day, and sorry again for the noise.

Birnou

The series :

1. Why Responsive Websites Are Not Just a Simple Step for Website Construction.
  2. Why Content Strategy should be part of Responsive Web  Design ?
  3. What is the User Expectations for Your Website? That depends on context.
  4. Bringing the Content to Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting reading, many questions asked and many unanswered. In an 'ideal' world all the points made in the 4 articles would be implemented but in the 'real' world as opposed to the 'ideal' world it won't happen unless you work for a multi-national agency whose clients have eye-bulging budgets. If I set out with the goal in mind to serve each device optimum content using an optimum strategy, well I dont think I would ever get the job completed on time and certainly not on budget. The question is: Is it realistic in all but the minority of cases?

I think we should try to do as much as possible to a point, thereafter it becomes a labour of love rather than a strategy that will make you any serious financial returns, for many developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks , osgood_ for your feedback... and yep, I completly agree with you... it is always question of context... if one just have low budget, or just few days to set up a CMS, or write a template... Having a content strategy put in place already requires a relatively large share of investment ... as to bring it into responsive mode ... unimaginable.

The main idea of this series ... is above all to start somewhere ... others will follow in order to explore various aspects of web development, and especially 'ideal' needs.

The next one relies on the use of a preprocessor and especially Sass (should be out in few days) ... there again the idea is not to enter into the code mechanics (many sites already do this and do it very well) ... The idea is still to dig the subject and lay flat ...

I have been working for some time on the use of data-* attributes used in conjunction with a task automaton, under node or others ... allowing to extract content elements by qualifying them differently according to the contexts of use or device reading.

So placing all this threads on this blog and discussing between us should help to move things forward and enable us to work together to get, even with small budgets, the possibilities to bring the maximum to the creation.

At least here we are ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u  wrote

Thanks , osgood_ for your feedback... and yep, I completly agree with you... it is always question of context... if one just have low budget, or just few days to set up a CMS, or write a template... Having a content strategy put in place already requires a relatively large share of investment ... as to bring it into responsive mode ... unimaginable.

The main idea of this series ... is above all to start somewhere ... others will follow in order to explore various aspects of web development, and especially 'ideal' needs.

The next one relies on the use of a preprocessor and especially Sass (should be out in few days) ... there again the idea is not to enter into the code mechanics (many sites already do this and do it very well) ... The idea is still to dig the subject and lay flat ...

I have been working for some time on the use of data-* attributes used in conjunction with a task automaton, under node or others ... allowing to extract content elements by qualifying them differently according to the contexts of use or device reading.

So placing all this threads on this blog and discussing between us should help to move things forward and enable us to work together to get, even with small budgets, the possibilities to bring the maximum to the creation.

At least here we are ...

Keep up the good work, preprocessing, postprocessing.....which/what/why/how............the list goes on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Birnou

I have posted my thoughts in the comments section of the last, (4th) article -

https://forums.adobe.com/community/creativepipeline/blog/2017/04/11/bringing-the-content-to-design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Paula, nice to see you... I go there... and continue there too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Birnou,

Thank you for your post. I am sure that a lot of users here will benefit from these articles. I have added this post on the Overview page under the FAQ section.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Preran,

you're welcome, It is a pleasure to see that these articles may be useful. Thank you for placing the link in such a place

have a nice day

birnou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines