• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scale direction in Transform Effect

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing a simple animation using the Scale Height and Width options in the "transform" effect. I did it for one object, and when I scaled the height, AE used the bottom of the object as a base, thus making it smaller from the top down. Now I need to change the object in the middle of the animation, so I put the new object in the composition and copied the effect into it. But now, the effect uses the top of the object as a base, making it smaller from the bottom up instead.

I can't seem to figure out how to change this. I need the animation of the two objects to match perfectly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm working in AE CC V13.6.1.6 on a Mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017
AE used the bottom of the object as a base, thus making it smaller from the top down. Now I need to change the object in the middle of the animation

the anchor point is the pivot from which the transformation occur. if you want to change the transform effect's anchor point, you need to change the anchor point. notice that as you do, the layer will shift in the opposite direction, so to make up for it copy the anchor point's parameters to the position parameters so they will be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE used the bottom of the object as a base, thus making it smaller from the top down. Now I need to change the object in the middle of the animation

the anchor point is the pivot from which the transformation occur. if you want to change the transform effect's anchor point, you need to change the anchor point. notice that as you do, the layer will shift in the opposite direction, so to make up for it copy the anchor point's parameters to the position parameters so they will be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That worked. No idea, why the original object scaled differently, since the anchor point is the same as the rest. But no matter, problem solved. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I understand your frustration with the alignment issue while using the Scale Height and Width options in After Effects. To match the animation perfectly between two objects, you need to adjust the base point of the second object. Select the second object, open the "transform" effect settings, and adjust the anchor point to match the first object. Preview the animation to see if it aligns as desired.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines