• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile default folders (Android)

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I just started using Lr Mobile with a Galaxy S7 Edge because of the raw capture capabilities of this phone. When i shoot a picture, S7 puts both the JPG and the DNG inside the same folder. I was expecting that Lightroom would "see" these DNG´s and be able to import them, which didn´t happen. If i shoot with the embedded Lr camera, it works just fine. The Lr DNG´s are placed inside a newly created folder called "LightroomCamera" and they appear inside Lr as expected. I moved the DNG´s created with the S7 camera inside this folder and Lr was also able to see and import them.

Is this per design? Isn´t Lr able to scan folders and search for DNG´s? Will i always have to move the files to "Lightroom Camera"?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

I suggest making a feature request at the link below so that the engineers consider including DNG recognition in a future update. More and more people will start using DNG capture as they replace smartphones so they will be happy to hear your feedback. Adobe employees do monitor the feedback forum for bugs and features.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I would use the camera app within LR mobile. A DNG will give you the best editing possibilities and you can easily export a jpeg copy at any time. I would only use the Samsung camera if I needed a jpeg instantly e.g. to email, or upload to social media from the phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 99jon

I´m well aware of the editing capabilities of DNG files. The S7 camera app is an awesome one and while i have to yet compare results about the DNG´s generated from each app (Lr camera app and S7 stock app), the issue is not really that.

It´s simply about Lr mobile being unable to scan and see DNG´s outside it´s own folder. For example...i have a few DNG´s i want to add to Lr mobile. The only way (at least the only i found) is to move them inside the "LightroomCamera" folder. Otherwise, they will never be seen by Lr mobile...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating a collection/folder and marking it for auto-sync. For example on my Samsung I created “Camera Roll” and every photo I shoot with the Samsung camera gets automatically added to that collection which syncs with my desktop. It won’t work for existing images but for all new photos going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I will try the new catalog suggestion and see what happens. As for the article, i do have auto add enabled for raw files only but i didn´t try creating a new catalog. I´ll do some testing and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did some testing and came to the conclusion that Lightroom indeed won´t see any DNG outside the "LightroomCamera" folder. Note that for every add, auto-add or import feature available, i disabled the add or import of jpegs. Lr mobile can see jpegs from the camera roll but not the DNG´s. The S7 galery won´t display DNG´s too and this is expected but i do expect lightroom to be able to see those files since they´re inside the same folder as the camera roll jpegs. If Lr is seeing the jpegs, why in the world it cannot see the DNG´s?

You can try for yourself. Disable all jpeg add or import features, snap a raw photo with samsung camera and try to make Lr see it...the only way i could make it work was by moving the DNG´s inside the LightroomCamera folder...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest making a feature request at the link below so that the engineers consider including DNG recognition in a future update. More and more people will start using DNG capture as they replace smartphones so they will be happy to hear your feedback. Adobe employees do monitor the feedback forum for bugs and features.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Done.

Thanks for the help so far. Appreciate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines