• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP!! Moving pages in InDesign not working!

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I'm having trouble with moving pages from one document to another. Normally i do Layout >Pages > Move Pages and move the pages from one file into the file I want and it usually works but now it's not. It will move the pages into the desired file but my text will be changed but the images are sill there. The text is technically still there but not in the colour I want it. (e.g. I want white text on a black background but the text changes to black) When I select everything in the text box and try to change it to white, it won't allow me to change it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

When you move content from one file to another if the style names are identical or base on an identical style the style in the new file will overwrite the styles of the document the content is being moved from.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you move content from one file to another if the style names are identical or base on an identical style the style in the new file will overwrite the styles of the document the content is being moved from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guesswork says that you use same style names, but settings inside that styles are not equal.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines