• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 quits using Save for Web - Adobe Spaces Helper suspected

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to use Save for Web Photoshop quits as soon as the save dialog is invoked. The quit is not clean: no files are asked to be saved, the current state is not remembered etc. I'm on Windows 10, CC 2017.

From Windows Event viewer I get this pointing towards Plug-ins relating to 'Spaces'

Faulting application name: Adobe Spaces Helper.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58c11b5f

Faulting module name: libcef.dll, version: 3.2924.1537.0, time stamp: 0x584a4ed5

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000018b0a6

Faulting process id: 0xc14

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2b3662fda1cf1

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\Plug-ins\Spaces\Adobe Spaces Helper.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\Plug-ins\Spaces\libcef.dll

Report Id: 6d8ec344-cd69-4eff-a8d0-5afd4c7d56c4

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I've tried the hack at this link to no avail

Photoshop CC 2017: Adobe Spaces Helper crash | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Any ideas please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Hi thanks for your assistance - I have found the problem is linked to the Windows third party utility Direct Folders. If I uninstall that Save for Web works normally. Please let me know if you would like any more information and thanks for your time on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try what's suggested here (under the Correct Answer)?

PS 2017 has become unusable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work, the problem persists.

I repaired 2012, 2013 and 2015 versions of the Visual C++ Redistributables, both x64 and x86.

As you can see from the attached screenshot, I have a lot of older versions too but the option to repair is unavailable for any of them.

MSC++.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi thanks for your assistance - I have found the problem is linked to the Windows third party utility Direct Folders. If I uninstall that Save for Web works normally. Please let me know if you would like any more information and thanks for your time on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines