• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panasonic G85 - Camera Calibration / Profiles (missing)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just notice that for the brand new GH5 Lightroom shows all possible "picture styles" mapped in the profile section (like Standard, Natural, Vivid, etc).

But for the older G85 (which I have) it doesn't. It just shows "Adobe Standard".

It is weird because I am running the latest Lightroom CC (2015.9) and Camera Raw (9.9), and that combination suppose to work with the Panasonic G80/G81/G85 as stated in the Camera Raw compatibility chart:

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

LUMIX DMC-G8
(DMC-G80, DMC-G81, DMC-G85)
RW29.76.7

So, what is wrong? I though it was a lens issue or a firmware issue, so I already updated all my lenses and my body to the latest firmware, and I tried to take pictures with all lenses and none of them work.

The other strange thing is that looks like Lightroom is properly detecting my camera/lens combination, because if I generate a X-Rite CC profile it actually shows up!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

You have to ask Adobe. They appear to really only do Canon, Nikon, and Sony and other cameras only when they get around to it or perhaps when one of the engineers happens to have that camera. Even for the big three some models get skipped. This takes quite a bit of works and they clearly prioritize. It is not that hard to hack the camera profiles from Another camera to work with this one in dng profile editor (a free download from Adobe) or you should request this camera get some profiles at http://feedback.photoshop.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe only creates the camera profiles for the major brands and only once in a while generates profiles for cameras not i the top three. Whether or not there are camera matching profiles is not part of the "supported" thing. That just means it has a Adobe standard profile and it can read the raw files. Probably about half the supported cameras don't have camera matching profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I understand that. But...

1- I consider Panasonic one of the "major brands", and clearly Adobe too because they support the GH5 color profiles...

2- Color profiles are exactly the same for the GH4 and the G85 (same sensor)...

3- Also, the G7 used to work (same sensor too)...

4- And the color science is the same used on the GH5 (same Panasonic main color styles)...

Why the G85 doesn't work then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to ask Adobe. They appear to really only do Canon, Nikon, and Sony and other cameras only when they get around to it or perhaps when one of the engineers happens to have that camera. Even for the big three some models get skipped. This takes quite a bit of works and they clearly prioritize. It is not that hard to hack the camera profiles from Another camera to work with this one in dng profile editor (a free download from Adobe) or you should request this camera get some profiles at http://feedback.photoshop.com Adobe engineers actually hang out there contrary to this forum where it is just other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, because the DMC-G8 (G85/G80/G81) cameras don't have color profiles on Lightroom, I decompiled the Adobe color profiles for the GH5 and I recompiled them to match the camera string and it worked!

I was wondering if you guys could just double check those and provide them "out of the box" with the future CameraRaw updates. Also, it would be awesome if you guys could double check this color profiles with Panasonic

Here is my color profiles package:

New color profiles for Lumix DMC-G8 (G85/G80/G81): Micro Four Thirds Talk Forum: Digital Photography...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if you guys could ...

You're not talking to Adobe in this forum.

You can make a formal feature request, the link is on the overview page of this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are just users like yourself.  Here is a link to the forum where you can make such suggestions and where the Adobe engineers are likely to pay closer attention:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I decompiled the Adobe color profiles for the GH5 and I recompiled them to match the camera string and it worked!

Nice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. I will post there. I am also with an Adobe support guy checking it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines