• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PrE15 Failure with saved project using disc menus

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having an unusual problem with saved project using disc menus.  I have a large project with scene markers but without any movie menus.  It saves and opens correctly.  I can add a menu, burn discs, and save the project.  However when I open the project again (now with menus) PrE 15 fails.

The failure message is from Windows,

WeFault.exe – No Disk “There is no disk in the drive.  Please insert a disk into drive F:

Cancel/Try Again/Continue

Both Cancel and Continue responses result in PrE  terminating with Windows message “Adobe Premiere Elements 15 has stopped working”

The crazy thing is that I don’t have an F: drive and, per windows, drives F, G, H, and I are “USB drives”.  I do use an external US flash drive, however it shows up as drive L.  I also have an external USB hard drive that shows up as drive K. 

This happens repeatedly.  Does anyone have an explanation or workaround?

After losing my project the first time, I recreated it and saved it twice, once with menus, and once without.  The version without menus works fine, and I can add menus and burn discs to it.  But, the saved version with menus causes PrE to terminate.

Some details:

Video is hi-def, 1920x1080, of consisting of a dozen MP4 files. 1 hr 45 minutes in length

Menu is vanilla  “Pan and Zoom” in the “Slideshow” category, without any modification, (i.e., no video, photo, or audio background)

18 Scene markers

Blu-ray disc

Environment:    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Fast Computer: Intel Core i7-6700, 3.4GHz

Large memory: 32GB

Large disk storage – 2 TB D: drive for programs and data, plus 256BM C: flash drive for Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if something here helps:

Premiere Elements 15: "no disk" error | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Does it happen with a different menu template?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the advice.

1.  The "no disk" error thread seems to be same problem.  And, my F: disk also happens to be a mult-function card reader, however I don't have SD or SF card to test the work around,  but will try to find one and test later.

2. Just tested with different menu, and also experienced failure.  This time I used the "wedding" menu which had to be downloaded.  After download, I saved project, closed PrE 15, then reopened saved project.  This time error didn't occur at time of project load, but instead when I went to the movie menu tool.  Error was same as before with PrE 15 terminating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines