• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you export highlighted text to an excel file?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf document and I need to go through this document and find words that might be difficult to pronounce. It would be so easy if I could just highlight as I read along and then export the highlighted text to an excel document or some equivalent. Is this possible without getting a script written?

Thank you for your time.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Yes, it is, in a way. Enable the option to copy the selected text into the highlight (under Edit - Preferences - Commenting) and then you can use the Create Comments Summary command to export the commented text as a new PDF, which you can then export to Excel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Editing and Exporting PDFs forum. The Lounge is more a social gathering place, and not useful for specific product questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies! I am looking for solutions online and just signed up asap to post my silly question. Thank you for putting me in the right spot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is, in a way. Enable the option to copy the selected text into the highlight (under Edit - Preferences - Commenting) and then you can use the Create Comments Summary command to export the commented text as a new PDF, which you can then export to Excel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was very helpful. I already was aware of the Create Comments Summary function but TOTALLY spaced being able to export to excel. Thank you!

This shall work as a workaround until I can get my programmer friends to stop being lazy.

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're interested I already developed a tool that will export the comments directly to a text file, which you can then open in Excel... See: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat - Create Comments Summary (TXT/PDF)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines