• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ESC key not working as intended

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue since the last big CC update.

Essentially, when I'm editing a text box and hit ESC, it switches to the Select tool, and then after about a half-second it switches right back to the Text tool. As you can imagine, this is extremely frustrating to work with. Has anyone else had this issue? I've looked at the keyboard shortcuts and they seem to be fine.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated!

InDesign build: 12.1.0.56 on macOS Sierra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Alright, so after painstakingly clearing all font caches, installing all fonts to the Library/Fonts folder, and reinstalling RightFont I no longer have this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

I'm using the same InDesign version and the same macOS version and have no such problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found out the cause. I'm using a third-party font management app and it seems to be causing issues with InDesign. I used a Typekit font and this problem did not happen, but as soon as I switched to a system font the bug reoccured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information about your problem. That may help others. What third-party app are you using? That may be useful if it occurs with other people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RightFont 3.3.0 and our teams fonts are synced over a Dropbox folder. I'm thinking this has something to do with the fonts not being in the Library/Fonts folder. I'll update this thread as I test. Thanks again for the prompt response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright, so after painstakingly clearing all font caches, installing all fonts to the Library/Fonts folder, and reinstalling RightFont I no longer have this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines