• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do make a video play when keyboard button is pressed and stop playing when key is released on Adobe Animate?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum and adobe noobie, so sorry if this isn't in the appropriate community.

But I'm working on a project where I'd like to make two different videos play and stop upon pressing a certain keyboard button.

Example: If you held down the letter "A" on your keyboard, a video would play and then stop playing when you release the key. And if you held down the letter "B" then another video would play and stop as you hold it down or release. Is this even possible? I assume it's a similar process of applying code for a character to walk or jump depending on which keyboard button the player presses, but I'm not sure how to apply this to an H.264 video instead of a character animation.

Sorry if I'm not being very clear, I'm not entirely sure how to explain but I'd love some answers from people more experienced than I am! Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actionscript 3 or canvas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't sure which one to use, but i suppose canvas? I'm not actually planning to publish this anywhere as it's for an assignment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the assignment asking for?  unless it specifies canvas, use as3.  it's much more powerful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's just an assignment for a video art class. I'll use as3, then. is it possible to make a video play and stop upon pressing and releasing a keyboard button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start an as3 project.

add two flvplayback (flv_pb) components to the stage

assign each a different instance name

in the properties panel after selecting each, assign the video and untick autostart.

reply when you've done that and indicate your two flv_pb instance names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have to wonder why a class is assigning Flash projects without first teaching the students how to use Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines